XXI

Veronica's POV
I slowly opened my eyes, my head throbbing and my heart aching at every move. I looked around, still unable to see clear, finding a dark room, filled with dust, and only one tiny window that barely managed to give light to the room. I was sitting on the floor, my legs shaky and my wrists tied up at my back and bruised. My instant reaction was to get up and run but, as I did so, I was immediately pulled back once again by the rope and fell to the ground.
Cmon Veronica, you have to be smart, think
I crawled back to the corner of the room, trying not to panic. I looked to the window and rubbed my eyes Against my shirt trying to clear my vision and get my hair out of my face. I felt so dirty, all my clothes were brown from the dust. I saw a road in front of the house and a bunch of motorcycles parked.
Think, Veronica, think
I looked closely and saw a bunch of guys with serpents jackets including, Jughead?
I was at the white worm, maybe in their storage. I almost crooked a smile, not an happy one but a panicked one, and started banging on the window, trying to caught their attention.
Suddenly, a man entered the room, making me stop what I was doing and crawl back immediately to the corner. He smiled in a twisted way and threw me an old apple as i looked up at him, scared.
"Eat, you're going to be here a long time" he said and all I wanted to do was stab him, but I hadn't anything sharped and I couldn't angry them more, I had to be smart.
"I wanna go home" I said roughly trying to untie my hands unsuccessfully. He laughed and approached me, bending down to my height and caressing my cheek in a rough way.
"And I want to go to the moon. It ain't happening sweetheart. Time to accept that" he said and exited the room, a tear rolling down my cheek.
Archie.
Archie's POV
Another door was slammed on my face as I walked back to my house. In the past week I had been knocking at every door in riverdale and green dale trying to find her. Betty wrote everyday on the blue and gold's front page about her and her locker at school was filled with pictures, flowers and messages that the students were leaving to her. Every time I passed that locker it was like a part of me broke, riverdale wasn't the same without her. Everyday after school I went to the sheriff station trying understand what was going on but there was still something that was missing on the story. I walked into my house and heard my dad seeing the news.
"Archie, come here! You will want to see this" I sighed and walked to the leaving room. They were talking about Veronica.
"On the past week, Veronica Lodge, the daughter of the millionaire Hiram Lodge, disappeared. We tried to contact the Lodge couple but they didn't want to speak on the matter but we were able to reach the sherif who said that the teenager's case is being investigated and progress is being made" I quickly grabbed the remote and turned the tv off and threw it to the sofa, trying to keep the tears from falling.
"Fuck off" I muttered, clearly angry and frustrated with the situation. What am I suppose to do without her?
"Archie" my dad called making me look back.
"I know you miss her son and what is happening is terrible but they re going to find her" he said getting up and putting his hands on my shoulder. I simply nodded, scared that if I talked the tears flooded my face.
He opened his arms and I approached him, feeling his fatherly arms around me and, for the first time in the week, letting go all my stress.

Veronica's POV
As I rolled the rotten apple with my feet on the ground, trying to forget about my situation, I saw a man enter the room making me quickly stop, afraid. The man came into the light and I recognized his face, relaxing immediately
"Jughead!" I said not believing the figure that stood in front of me. He brought his finger to his lips indicating me to be quiet. He walked to me and sat by my side, after locking the door.
"I'm sorry I didn't come earlier, I didn't know you were here" he said, hugging me for the first time ever.
"It's fine, really" I said back as he opened his back pack, handing me some cookies and taking out a knife, untying my bloody wrists. As he did so I hugged him tightly making him laugh slightly
"So this is how it's going to be: you were kidnapped because of some debts your dad has with the serpents and, as I heard, you're dad isn't going to pay them so you aren't going to leave here so early. I brought you this cookies because they aren't going to give you any food in the nearest times and I also brought you this knife" he says , handing it to me and saying, in a more serious tone "this is your way out Veronica, the best the police can do is round the place, they can't take you out so you will have to bring the brave girl out because you're going to need it" I nodded and he smiled, getting up "use it carefully" he muttered as he tied me up again so that they wouldn't suspect anything. I shove the knife to one of the darkest corners of the room and said scared
"Can I leave Archie a message?" He smiled and gave me his phone so that I could record my message.