XXIV

Archie's POV
1 week later
I took a deep breath, preparing to see her again, just like I did during the past week, after school. I hated to see her like this but she needed me and, as much as it cost me to see her beautiful face covered in cuts and purpleness, she was everything that I needed and wanted. I slowly opened the door, finding her sitting in the now familiar bed, a slightly forced smile dancing on her face as she texted someone. She looked up at me, immediately locking her phone and smiling, inviting me in. I closed the door and walked to her leaving a sweet meaningfully kiss on her forehead.
"How's my girl?" I asked, sitting on the bed by her side. Her small smile disappeared, a sad and disappointed look replacing it.
"Hey, what's with the face?" I said, placing my thumb under her chin making her look at me. She nodded as if she was trying to clear her head off something
"I'm just... the same" she finally spoke and I moved to another position on the bed, a more serious look on my face, encouraging her to continue.
"I'm just as bad as I was last week, it's like I'm just here passing my time, they aren't doing anything" she sighed and grabbed her bed sheets, clearly frustrated. I put my hand on her shoulder, attempting to calm her down.
"Ronnie, you have to be patient, they are doing everything they can to help you" she pushed my hand away, her head hanging lower than before, as I continued "besides I talked to one of the nurses and she said that you're okay to go home" I moved my hand to her leg, smiling, hoping to make her happy with the news, but she didn't move.
After split seconds she abruptly got up, her hands tangled in her hair and her eyes red and heavy with frustration.
"IM NOT OKAY" she yelled making my heart almost jump out of my chest, for the first time I didn't know what to do, I had no idea. She untangled her hands and already tired from standing up, she sat back on the bed, still far from me, her hands wrapped around her stomach in pain.
"I'm not okay and I keep waiting for someone to figure that out and they don't" She rumbled, not talking to me, but talking to her, waiting in a strange way for my reaction that never seemed to come. I didn't know what to do so I just stood there, not looking at her, not facing the girl I loved, being a coward. She momentarily looked at me, searching for a an answer that I couldn't give to her, I wasn't ready, I couldn't protect her. She ironically laughed redirecting her gaze back to the white wall, disappointed.
"Leave." She said roughly taking me by surprise, breaking my line of thoughts.
"What?" I whispered, truly seeking for a confirmation
"Leave." She repeated, clearly filled with rage and sadness. I didn't do anything to help her and just collected my stuff leaving the flowers on the table and heading to the door. I roughly closed the door of her hospital bedroom making a deafening noise that I would later regret, I knew I was leaving her broken behind but, for some stupid reason, I couldn't deal with the problems right now, with the trauma, with the pain. I walked as fast as I could to the exit of te building ignoring completely Betty and jughead that sat on the waiting room, although they ended up not seeing me.
As I left the hospital, I leant against the wall and took a deep breath taking my phone out of my pocket and dialing by impulse the first person that I thought could give me some peace and distraction. She picked up.
"Valerie? Can I come over?"

Veronica's POV
As the door roughly closed, a single tear shed down my cold pale face, I just wanted him to stay. All I wanted to do was scream and destroy everything but I took a deep breath, in the attempt to clear my mind, and sat on the bed, ripping the needles out of my skin and standing on my feet. I walked out of the room and searched the white sickening corridors of that were surprisingly calm. As my feet met the cold floor I couldn't help but wonder what was happening to us, how we got into this mad situation, was It because of the kidnapp? It was like he didn't love me anymore or if everytime we tried to make it work everything would fall apart, I was doing my best... as I was lost in my thoughts sudden baby cries caught my full attention making me look up and observe the room, a baby was crying. I approached the thin glass and gently placed my hand on it, thinking about the future, did I want to have a family?
The baby stops crying a true smile immediately creeps up on my face.
"You're going to be such a great mom some day" a deep misterious voice says from behind me, the person now standing by my side also staring at the beautiful babies
"Hey Jughead" I softly spoke now a little more light headed due to the babies
"So how are you holding up?" He asked, now facing me, observing my cuts and my slim arms.
"Good" I stated, already used to answer those words
"Now the truth" he cut me, understanding what was happening.
" well, my stomach is killing me" he let out a laugh as we walked back to the room making me laugh as well, before asking a more serious question
"So where is our Archibald?" He asked the question he wasn't supposed to ask but we were friends and I trusted Jughead a hundred percent
"Clearly not helping the raven haired princess" I joked
"What happened?" As I was about to answer him I realized that I didn't even know the answer so how could I reveal it to someone else
"I think he just couldn't take it, you know? Since the kidnapp  we have been fighting for everything, it's like he is tired of me, I don't even know Jughead... I have been trying to keep my head held high but I'm hurting, I'm in pain" as I was talking the tears didn't let me finished immediately falling down my cheeks and the first thing he did was to hug me, really hug me.
"I can't do it without him" I muttered into his shirt while he stroke my hair, leading me to the hospital bedroom and laying me there, covering me with the blankets and attaching back all the machines.

Jughead's POV
As I was leaving the hospital, after everything that Veronica had told me, I was more than furious. She was like a sister to me and while she was seriously injured not only physically but also mentally, Archie was more busy arguing with her. I took my phone out of my pocket and quickly dialed his number, direct to voicemail.
I sighed not wanting to believe where he was and quickly started the engine on my bike, I knew exactly where he was and I wasn't going to let it happen

Please give me your feedback and I would love some requests to what should happen in the next chapter. Do u want some smut?