XIV

Veronica's POV (outfit is above)
After our picnic  yesterday, Archie brought me home as we had school the next day. He made me feel like everything was going to be okay, like it wasn't my fault, he made me feel loved. I was now walking to school, the physical pain was now gone but the emotional was still very present. Some bruises still rested on my skin but I knew I had to be strong and, besides, I had Archie and that was enough. Suddenly my phone rings and I see a text message from Archie
Archiekins: you sure you want to go to school today? Xx
Ronnie: I'm sure xx
I entered the school and walked to my locker, everything seemed normal, no judging glances, no nothing. No one knew. I took out my books and headed to class after seeing a new text message from Archie.
Archiekins: I'm proud of you xx

————
I sat besides Archie, Betty and Jughead in front of me already eating their food.  Jughead flashed me a soft smile, completely unaware of what happened, and Archie grabbed my hand under the blue plastic table.
"So, guys, learned anything useful today?" I asked trying to break the silence, annoyed by Betty and Archie's worried glance. I was not a victim.
"Actually, geometry was pretty interesting if I say so myself" Jughead states while eating an oily cheeseburger. Betty is the next to talk.
"I had maths, not the best but still tolerable" I nod in agreement even though maths was my all time fav. I nudge Archie in the shoulder making him talk about his morning, our hands still laced together.
"I had a free period so I just went to the music room and worked on some songs" I smiled at him and asked hopefully, trying to lighten the mood
"Hopefully ones that I can hear soon?" He smiled at me and nodded, his hair getting in his face.
"Of course Ron, I can show you some" he started but stopped, his grip on my hand increasing and his glance glued to something or someone behind Jughead and Betty, who was already looking the same way. I looked over Jughead's shoulder and I saw him. As he walked to our table the memories kept replaying on my mind, his dirty hands on my skin and his eyes glued to my naked body. Just seeing him made me want to vomit in disgust. He stopped at our table and smirked at me, making Archie's jaw clench in anger.
"Goodmorning friends" he said with his usual superior look all over his face. Betty was the first to talk clearly frustrated with the situation, a confused jughead looking at us.
"What are you doing here nick?" As she said that Archie arm moved to my waist pulling me more into him.
"Oh I just wanted to check on you V" he answered looking at me and Archie aggressively got up but I quickly grabbed his arm making him sat back down. He looked confused at me and I got up and walked to nick, leaving all my hurt and fear behind. I approached him so we were face to face.
"Did you not get my note?" I asked him aggressively, I just wanted to slap away the look in his face.
"I love when you get aggressive" he said and snaked his arm around my waist, everyone watching knowing I was with Archie.
"I don't know if you got the message nick but, in case you didn't, I will make myself very clear" I grabbed his hand that was on my waist and tightened my grip on it, wanting to smash it into pieces. His face showing pain from my grip "I don't want you anywhere near me, if I ever see you in front me again I guarantee you that I will crush you with my loubotins like the little bug you are, do you understand me?" He nodded as I approached him more, my face so close to his that I could feel his breath "I'm Veronica Lodge, no one can break Veronica Lodge, not even you" I said sternly with a proud and amazed Archie standing behind me, he knew that I was strong, all this time. I backed away and put my hands on his shoulders cleaning the dust. "Now, I would slap you but that would be animal abuse" I walked away fast, just wanted  to run from the world, I wasn't as strong as I had just showed out there. I sat with my back on the lockers of the empty hallway to see a worried Archie running in my direction and sitting beside me. I looked up at him and him down at me due to our height difference.
"Does it ever get easier?" I asked him just wanting his wise words to calm me down. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I rested my head on his shoulder.
"Bottom line is, you're gonna be okay. Maybe not today, probably not tomorrow, but you've never the type of girl to stay down for too long... and I for damn sure won't let you start being that type of girl now" he said and I looked at him, his calming smile directed at me.
"Thank you arch" I whispered and he kisses the top of my head, his fingers tangled in my soft waves.
"It's all you baby, it's all you"

Um we have caring Archie... but does it last? Do you want sweet varchie or sad varchie? Or smut?