Furthering relationships. (part one)

TIME SKIP TO SATURDAY

I look up at the ceiling a sigh filling me. Me and Ellery had agreed now was the time for me to meet dad again, and I was semi-dreading it and semi-excited. "Rowen?" Diana rattles me from my worries. "Yes?" I ask half-smiling at her pretty face. "Could we go on a date to the park this evening? I feel like we haven't had enough time together as a couple lately." I nod thoughtfully, "that should be fine, I'm going to see dad at ten." Diana looks slightly shocked. "Are you sure you're ready?" She squeezes my hand. "No, I'm not at all. But I need to do it." Diana nods. 

Me and Robin drive to Ellery's I frown the whole time, Robin tries to start a proper conversation. "You know your dad could take you back right?" She asks. I hadn't thought of that, "he wouldn't want to though." I point out. "I know, I just wanted to point it out. Because you never know." Robin has this weird half worried, half sad, half angry, look on her face and I decided to continue the conversation. "But don't you have full custody over me right now?" I ask. "Yes, but technically he still has custody of you. They just think he's dead or completely out of your life. If they discover him they would  force you to  stay with him."  Robin sighs sadly. "He's such a crappy dad and I don't want you to end up staying with him." I'm alarmed that Robin cursed but I understand where she's coming from and sigh sadly myself.

Robin waits in the car while I go to the door and knock. Ellery's house is huge and modern. "Hello?" A woman slightly opens the door. "Hey, I'm here to see Ellery," I say quietly. "What's your name?" She asks. "Rowen." I hear Ellery rush over and shove the woman out of the way. "Sorry, Rowen," she pulls me in. "Are you sure you want to see Dad? We can stop in my room." She whispers in my ear. "I'm sure," the sooner I can get it over with the better." 

We walk down a huge extravagant hallway and stop at a door. In, out, in, out, I practice my breathing exercises, "dad?"Ellery asks cracking the door slightly. "Ellery, I thought I told you not to interrupt me." I hear an oh so familiar voice. "Yes, you did. But I have someone very important to have you meet." I hear Dad sigh. "Is it another one of your friends? They always ask for free money handouts or some shit like that." I can tell he's annoyed. "No," Ellery pushes me into the room. "Who are you?" He adjusts his glasses and squints at me. 

"I'm Rowen... Your daughter."