CHAPTER ONE

It was a very beautiful evening. King nasiru was relaxing in his palace.chief kabir and chief ahmadu were sitting beside him.
"I think I need a young woman as my queen", king nasiru said in a rather low tone.

Chief kabiru was suprised to hear that but he cautioned himself not to interrupt. King nasiru was an autocratic ruler who believed that his words and authority were final and there should be no antagonism.
"King o! Sarki,you are very correct", said chief ahmadu deceitfully."you need a young woman who would take care of u whenever u have outings or have to entertain guests in the palace".

" Thank you,ahmadu",king nasir responded."I know that you always support whatever I say".
Chief kabiru ,who knew that king nasiru had six wives already and hated the truth or any contrary advice,remember what happened to high chief faizu.chief faizu was sent into exile by king nasiru because he criticized the way and manner the king married Khadija wali.
Khadija wali was the young,charming wife of the Kings slave.she was big eyed and she secretly admired king nasiru.hence,she was easily lured by the king into marriage at the expense of her heart broken husband.she was the architect of chief faizu's exile.she conspired with another high chief magaji who was the former's sworn enemy.
The two high chief's antagonized each other at every given opportunity and avoided each other like a plague.aminu and chief magaji lied that chief faizu was secretly plotting to overthrow and banish king nasiru.annoyed by what he heard,king nasiru ordered that tani should be sent to life imprisonment while high chief faizu and his family were banished from katsina city.
Just recovering from his shock from that past event,chief harun heard king nasiru speak.
"Are u with me or is your mind somewhere else?
Chief harun sat upright and inquired." Sarki"he began,"should we ,the chiefs,look for a young girl for u,or have u seen a young woman u admire,so that we can visit her family on your behalf?"

"That is why I always accord u great respect". Said king nasiru." You see,I've always expressed my admiration for one beautiful young woman who passes through this court on her way to the stream.Her name is Aysha.she is very pretty and all I know that she could desired by all men as well, but I want her to be mine because I really love her.but any time she passes by and I beckon to her,she would rebuff me.she was even bold enough to tell me that she would soon marry her husband to be".
Aysha was a very beautiful damsel,fair in complexion,tall and lanky.she came from a humble family.her parents were peasant farmers,and so she could not attend school. She helped out with tedious farm work as well as sale of little crops.she was also trained on how to be a good house wife.
Her mother called her one day,"Aysha, my dear daughter, u are a woman now and I expect that u have somebody that u intend to settle down with,or do u want your father and l to look for a suitable husband for u?"
Responding, Aysha insisted on making her own choice herself.she promised she would introduce her fiancé to them soon.
"U see,aysha", said her mother," chief zayyad who feels he can use his wealth to entice young ladies and married women sent a gift to us and to u as well.even king nasiru sent for your father concerning u.he said that he is interested in having you as a wife.I am sure he will take good care of u".

Angered by what her mother said,Aysha responded:"please,return all the gifts items back to both chief zayyad and king nasiru. They can never use their gifts to entice me because I am not Interested in either of them.i am getting married to Yusuf."

Hi cuties hope u enjoyed this story as it is my first story.

Pls don't hesitate to correct me when u are supposed to.

And pls don't forget to comment,vote and share.

Byeee