CHAPTER THREE

King nasiru was very astonished to hear that Yusuf was not dead.he called his bodyguard."salisu,didn't u tell me u that u have killed Yusuf?"

"Yes king!Yusuf was severally beaten and we left him along the bush path to die."

"Salisu", the king called harshly," i hereby dismiss u as the leader.commando! "He called another guard who immediately rushed in." U,now assume the leadership. Take salisu into the dark room until I pass judgment on him".

The guard did as the king commanded."commando!"king nasiru called the leader of the guards,"I want u to arrange the next action to take with the bodyguards. I want to hear the reply within two weeks. Dismiss!"

The guard left the king's living room for his apartment.

*       *     *      *     *   *    *    *    *  *
Apart from farming and rearing of farm animals, Aysha also engaged herself in mat weaving, which she carried to market for sale.she also prepares local groundnut cake called kuli_kuli.

Friday market was the community market,attended by buyers and sellers every Friday according to the custom of the community.

It was the local market day.Aysha brought her woven mats and kuli to the market. She arrived the market very so that people that came for shopping would buy her products, and she would go back home on time to help her husband feed the flock.

While displaying her goods,king nasiru, escorted by his bodyguard's went straight to Aysha."aysha,he began,"why can't u leave the poor brat u call a husband and be my favorite queen in the palace?"the king asked. "If u don't want to leave with the other queens I will build a separate building for u,and expensive items will follow."

Out of annoyance, aysha responded rudely,"king,I never expected a responsible royal father to woo another man's wife. Though my husband is poor,I love him more than anyone,because I know that one day,a poor man could become a rich man and a rich man will become a poor man.please if u don't want the city to hear about it,kindly leave, she concluded.

King nasiru felt humiliated but he did not show it.he left with his bodyguard's.the buyers and sellers in the market laughed and murmed.some even commented scornfully about his presence.

King nasiru felt miserable such that when his chiefs entered the palace and addressed him,he did not notice.he was soliloquizing to himself,I will make sure that aysha is thoroughly dealt with.if she cannot be mine,then she will not be any other person's wife.

King,chief Kabir greeted."hope things are fine?"he asked."u look so moody!can we contribute anything brighten your condition? "

King nasiru who was caught unaware, later sought to know from chief Kabir and the other chiefs. But he was surprised when his chiefs denied hearing any comment from him.in much fury, he dismissed all of them.The chiefs left disappointed and they discussed what they heard from king nasiru in his moment of soliloquy.

Hello guys i hope u enjoyed the story.pls don't forget to like,comment and share.

And get ready for my next update.

Byeee

Love you all by Ay__sha