CHAPTER FIVE

Three days into Aisha's mother detention,Aysha went to the palace in company of the community youths demanding for her mother's release.

"Commando!" Yelled king nasiru."I don't want to see those boys and girls in my vicinity.Do away with them!"

Commando and the other bodyguards rounded up the youths.some of those who were caught were given the beating of their lives.when the whole episode was over,king nasiru ordered the bodyguards to bring aysha's father to his palace.the bodyguards left to aysha's house to arrest him but he raised alarm and he was rescued by the neighbors.

After one hour,commando,in anger,Instructed other bodyguards to go back to aysha's house and set it ablaze.it was set ablazed as ordered. Unknowingly the poor man was sleeping in the house when the fire was set on it.before he could be rescued,he was burnt beyond recognition.

"What a pity!"lamented the neighbors." Whoever did this to this nice man will not live long.the persons enemies will triumph over him".

"Ameen", they all chorused.
A month after the death of aysha's father,Aysha started attending the community market every other eight days.on one of its market days,she left for the market as usual, with her twins.as she passed by the palace,king nasiru saw her. He smiled and said to himself," today will be your last day in this world.I will do this work myself".