CHAPTER TWO

Yusuf was a very poor man.he worked for chief adamu as a flock-keeper.he goes to the bush to collect grasses for the flock before he could feed himself. Yusuf was happy with his work and he believed that Allah was able to turn around his poverty to prosperity. Because he was dedicated to his job,Aysha was very fond of him and despite his poor background, they both agreed to marry each other and live together as one.

Not in my life time will allow you to marry that poor brat,said Maman Aysha .Yusuf that cannot boast of money and good dresses.. He manages to survive in the little room built beside the shed of the sheep he is tendering .I don't approve your stupid marriage arrangements, she concluded..

Baban Aysha who heard the hot argument interrupted...

Maman Aysha, let us allow Aysha to marry whoever she wants .you never know, maybe that is where she will find happiness...

" Thank you,father",said Aysha,smiling. "I will bring Yusuf tomorrow for formal introduction to u and your mother".
Aysha's mother was not happy with aysha's choice shrugged her shoulders,almost sobbing. Meanwhile, king nasiru's persistence in wanting to marry Aysha became very intense and he made sure aysha's mother had no peace. On her part,Aysha brought Yusuf home and she asked her father to give them his blessings, which he obliged.
" May Allah Almighty be with u"."Ameen",responded Aysha and Yusuf.

"Yusuf,my son", Aysha's dad called his daughter's husband." Please, Aysha is very precious to me,take care of her very well ".
" I promise I will do my best,sir.I will take care of Aysha ",said Yusuf.
Aysha's dad continued his prayers." Aysha my daughter, May Allah bless u with the fruits of the womb".
"Ameen", Aysha and Yusuf chorused.
After the introduction and blessing, Aysha packed her belongings and went away with Yusuf.

Aysha was blessed with twins after a year both girls.on the seventh day of their birth,the babies were named shukrah and fatima.aysha's father and aysha's mother were present during the naming ceremony. Aysha's dad was very happy to see his granddaughter's.he gave Aysha and Yusuf a parcel of land to farm in order to sustain themselves.
" Thank you dad",responded Aysha and Yusuf."we will manage the land and use it to plant crops for sale in the market".
Aysha's mother watched Yusuf with contempt.she had planned with king nasiru that Yusuf should be taken away and dealt with.

Four days after the children's ceremony,the king's bodyguard came fully armed to yusuf's house.he was dragged out and taken to an unknown destination where he was beaten to a coma. Thinking he was dead ,the guards reported to king nasiru that the mission had been accomplished and that Yusuf was no more alive.
King nasiru was very happy,and he said quietly to himself, "Aysha will soon be my favorite queen in the palace".

Meanwhile,a search was organized to look for Yusuf. He was found and brought back to the village where he was care of chief adamu's sheep,yusuf's master,brought in a local doctor to treat him.he got well within two weeks and he started his work of collecting grasses for the flocks.Aysha also joined her husband to clear the parcel of land that was given to them for farming.

Though the farmland was not too big,the couple planted maize,yam and cassava for their consumption and the remaining was sold in the market.Also ,a small portion of the farm was demarcated for breeding birds,sheep,pigs and goats.

Hi girls how was the story i hope u guys will enjoy it.
Pls don't forget to comment,vote and share.

Love u all.

By ay__sha

Byee