Five

Chapter Five: The Guardians.

"Who are these people!" Stark yelled ducking shots that were being fired from some guys weird looking gun.

Hazel ducked as something exploded, sparks and chemicals rose up to the air. She could smell it from where she stood, she assumed it was some sort of drug. Perhaps space drugs, she'd never know.

"Hazel!"

She looked around, a large man grabbed her by her hoodie and yanked her back.

"Ow!" She exclaimed, "Put me down!"

"I caught one!"

Hazel squirmed, feeling her hands heat up she grabbed the guys face and squeezed. Soon enough his grip loosened and she fell to the ground, by the time she got up Stark pulled her back and held a protective hand on her.

"Peter!" She yelled noticing the masked man, he held Peter in a head lock with his weird looking gun against his masked head.

"How do you know my name?" The masked man asked, pressing the weapon harder against the kids head.

"Let him go." Stark's voice over powered hers, he was getting straight to the point. "Who are you people?"

"Who are you!"

"Look-"

"Where is Gamora." He yelled, "Where is she!"

"I don't know- I'll do you one better, who the hell is Gamora?"

"I do you one better- Why is Gamora?" A deep voice said, sounding completely serious.

Everyone looked towards the man who had grabbed Hazel, she gave him a weird look before focusing back on the strange masked man.

"Who are you people?" Stark demanded, "Are you from earth?"

The masked man scoffed, "Earth. I'm from Missouri."

"Yeah, that's on earth, dipshit."

Hazel snorted hitting Tony, fingers hitting against the metal of his suit. Glaring up at him she took a step forward, the mans grip on Peter tightened.

"We are all on the same side, ok?" She said, "We don't know where your friend is but please don't kill ours, he's just a kid."

"What master do you work for?" Strange cut in, magic surging through his hands, ready to attack.

"What master do I work for- what, am I supposed to say Jesus?"

"Do you work for Thanos?" Hazel yelled, "This is taking to long."

"Thanos." He said, "Were here to kill Thanos."

"So are we."

"Who- who are you guys?"

Peter's mask came off, he looked very uncomfortable, "We're the Avengers, man."

"The god like man told us about you." The other man grumbled, "Thor."

"You know Thor?!" Stark asked, slowly retreating his weapon as the masked man pushed Peter away, his own mask falling off into his hands.

"Yes, caught him when we were flying over here. I'm Star Lord."

Hazel gave him a weird look, "I thought your name was Peter?"

"Peter Quill." A girl said, she stood awkwardly to the side. Hazel couldn't help but notice her weird large black eyes and intenas sticking out from her forehead.

"Can you let the kid go now?" Hazel asked.

The grunted before letting go of Peter and shoving him, he stumbled towards them, taking up a spot next to Hazel.

"This is why no one wants to hang out with you." Hazel told Stark, "You're a little mean."

"I could see where you see that." Peter whispered under his breath.

"Enough out of you too." Stark glared at them, "The adults are talking."

Hazel looked up at Peter, they shared a look and a little laugh before staring at their feet when Stark coughed towards them. Hazel started fiddling with the hem of her hoodie, the heat starting to catch up with her. Why was so hot on this planet?

Hazel chuckled to herself, she never imagined she'd be doing something like this. So far out of her comfort zone yet it felt right to be risking everything, not that she had much left. All she had was Peter, who stood next to her and her two friends back in New York. Tony was with her, but she was embarrassed to tell him she saw him as a father figure, same with Steve who told her to call him Dad by accident when her real father stood so close.

Hazel's life was so messed up, she didn't really know what to do anymore.

"Kid."

"Hazel."

Hazel blinked a few times, taking a deep breath she focused in on what was happening.

"Got any plans this time, kid?" Stark asked, arms crossed. "Hmm?"

"Uh." She mumbled.

"I've got a plan." Peter said. "It-"

"Hey- ey." The man called Quill cut it, "Let's talk about this plan of yours."

"I haven't even-"

"I think it's good, expect it sucks." He interrupted again, "So let me do the plan and that way it might be really good."

Everyone was quite, Peter looked offended and Stark looked done with everyone.

"Wow." Stark mumbled.

Hazel let out a dramatic sigh, "Welp, I'm done for right now. Goodbye. Have fun."

"Where are you going?" Peter asked as she walked way. "What the hell are you looking for?"

Hazel shrugged, "Trouble."