End

Chapter Fifteen:

Hazel walked around her room, it had been a week since the whole attack on the universe and everything felt a lot worse.

The more days that passed, the more your mind starts wondering. Knowing that the people you saw everyday aren't coming back, that you might never see them again.

"Hazel, come here."

Hazel rushed out and down the stairs towards the living corridor. Steve was sat on the couch with the Tv playing while Natasha and Pepper Potts stood in the kitchen.

"Hey, Pepper." Hazel waved walking towards the couch, the woman gave a small smile before checking her phone. Something she couldn't stop doing, hoping Tony would call and tell her he's all right. Hazel did tell her he was alive but she had no idea when or if he'd be back.

"Why is there a backpack on the floor by the door?" Steve asked, "It's been sitting there for days now and it's not yours."

Hazel sighed walking over and grabbing it, it was one of Peter's many backpacks that he had kept with Hazel incase he needed them. Each bag contained extra web fluid and two extra web shooters.

"I'm going over to Peter's"

"Hazel."

"I need to tell May that he's gone, ok?" She said opening the door, "She needs to know what really happened and that he's not coming back. She's probably still waiting around for him to come home, and, s-she just needs to know ok?"

"Someone can go with you-"

Hazel was already out the door and down the drive way.

She trudged through the city streets, government workers were still working hard to put the city together. A giant memorial thing was taking place in a few days, to remember the people who were confirmed that they disappeared.

When Hazel found the familiar apartment she slowly made her way up the stairs, shoving her hands in her sweater pocket she approached the door.

Hazel knocked four times before the door swung open, a hopeful expression vanishing in May's face.

"You're okay!" She exclaimed grabbing Hazel and embracing her in a quick hug, "Thank god! I saw what was going on and prayed that you kids were ok."

Hazel nodded.

"Where's Peter?" She peeked out into the hallway, "He is with you, right?"

Hazel's eyes glistened, "I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

"H-he was apart of the population that disappeared." Hazel told her, "He was with Me and Tony when it happened..."

The woman shook her head, a few tears slipping from her eyes.

"Did he know?"

Hazel bit her lip, she didn't want to tell May how he did know and felt it happening.

"Sort of." Hazel sniffled, "I think he knew it was coming."

May covered her mouth, she gripped the door knob tight with her other hand.

"I'm so sorry."

"I don't believe he's gone."

"We're working hard to find a way to bring everyone back, he's not gone he just no longer exists and there is a way to bring him back but we just have to figure it out."

"How come you are still here?"

Hazel was taken aback, she had no idea what to say.

"I don't know."

"Where is Tony?" She said grabbing her coat, "This is his fault."

"He's still missing." Hazel said quickly as the woman stormed passed Hazel down the hallway and disappeared through a doorway.

Hazel wiped at her eyes and pulled out her phone, dialling Steve's number she waited until he answered.

"She's coming to the headquarters." Hazel said into the phone. "Looking for Tony."

"I told you not to go over there."

"I had too."

He sighed, "I know."

"Have you guys gotten anywhere with finding out how to get them back?"

"No." He mumbled, "Banner is working on it but I don't think he'll get anywhere without Tony or even Visions database."

"I don't know when I'll be back." She said into the phone before hanging up, shoving it into her pocket Hazel ran down the hallways until she was out on the street. Looking around she frowned when the streets weren't as busy as they usually were, the shadow of strangers still there.

"Goddammit." Hazel muttered, trying not to cry. "This world is so messed up."

Taking a deep breath Hazel looked up at the sky, hoping wherever everyone was, it was a safe and peaceful place.

"We're gonna get you back, ok?" She said out loud, "Every last one of you."

And with that, Hazel wiped her eyes and disappeared down the street, a mission set in her head and determination locked her face.

••

Thank you people so much for reading! I really appreciate it and I hoped you enjoyed it.