Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen:

"You're not going anywhere." Stark said walking after her, placing a firm hand on her arm she knew he was right. "Come on, Hazel. Please."

His voice was hoarse, laced with pain and whatever else everyone had gone through that day, or days. Hazel couldn't remember how long they'd been on this planet for, it could be weeks and they would never know.

"What are we supposed to do now!" Hazel yelled, "Everyone is gone! Everyone expect for me, you and the robot!"

"Nebula." She corrected.

Hazel glared at her, this wasn't the time for jokes.

"You need to calm down."

"I can't! Everyone is gone, Tony." She whispered, "Strange, the guardians... Peter."

Stark shook his head, a pained expression on his face.

"What am I supposed to tell his Aunt May?"

"Hazel."

"Why did we survive?"

"Hazel."

"Why are we still here!" She yelled, at nothing, at everything. Who knew the earth still had things to take after it had already taken to much. Who knew fate and everything in between gave no shits about anything anymore.

"We'll get back to earth." Stark told her, "We can use Quill's ship."

"Do you know how to operate it?" Nebula asked.

Stark shook his head.

"Than you are not."

"Come on." He said, his voice still low. "We need to get out of here, see if everyone else is ok."

Hazel went to follow Tony as he began walking back to the Guardians ship but her legs refused to move.

"Stark." She said.

"Come on Hazel, we're going home."

Hazel tried to move again but her legs wouldn't  budge.

"Tony." She said louder, "I can't feel my legs."

"What?" He turned around.

"My legs won't move."

Hazel tried again before falling onto the ground, a small scream escaping her lips.

"Tony- Tony I don't know whats happening." She said as she couldn't get up, something pulling her down.

"Hazel-" he ran towards her.

"Help me." She pleaded as a bright white light emerged behind her, where her legs lay useless. "Tony- I'm scared. What do I do?"

She watched him fall next to her, arms outstretched and ready to grab her as she fell into the light and into darkness all at the same time.

"Tony!" She screamed, the last thing she saw was his face, an expression she'd never be able to forget.

•••

Hazel's eyes were open yet the felt like they were closed. Or were they closed but felt like they were open?

She caught her breath, taking deep breaths of air she looked around. She was clearly falling, where, she didn't know.

Where was Hazel?

Was she dead? Had see dissolved just as Peter had, yet she didn't remember dissolving, just disappearing into a bright light.