Ten

Chapter Ten:

"This Stone needs to be destroyed." Vision said, laying on a table. "Wanda can with her ability, once Shuri has it figured out, do not hesitate."

Steve stood in the background, watching the scene unfold in front of them.

"Their coming." He said staring out the large glass windows. "First ship is landing just beyond the barrier."

Steve took a deep breath and followed the group of people out and down a spiralling staircase.

"I will tell Shuri when the barriers need to be taken down." T'Challa said, a expression of determination set on his face.

Steve wasn't scared. That's what he told himself.

"Are you ready?" Natasha smirked from next to him, a comforting hand finding its way under his arm. She held on tight, Steve gave her a small smile.

"Did you find word about Tony?"

"No." He told her, "I couldn't find Tony or Hazel."

"They're fine. They've got to be."

Steve gave a small nod, attempting to reassure himself. He was overthinking to many things, he just needed to focus on what was unfolding in front of him.

They ran outside the building, all slowly walking to the barrier where more ships were slowly landing. Two figures stood just in front of it, holding off what was in the landed ships.

"You ready?"

Steve turned to see his best friend, Bucky.

"Why is everyone asking me that?" He chuckled, "Yes, I'm ready."

"That's good."

"Are you?"

Bucky went silent, staring at the gun in his hands to the sky above him.

"I just wished I could've been a better Dad." He said, something he never talked about. "I don't know if we'll walk out of this ok, Steve."

"You see her as much as you can. You were with her last week, weren't you?"

"Every weekend when they let me leave."

"See. You're doing the best you can, Buck." Steve assured him, wanting to drop the conversation.

Bucky nodded, Steve knew he hated talking about serious things ever since they got him to stop repeating names of the people he'd killed.

"You see her more than me, you and Tony are with her all the time."

"When I'm in the area I make sure she's doin' ok to let you know. And Tony is hardly at the Headquarters anymore, he's moved in with Pepper."

"So she's all alone in that big building?"

Steve looked over to see him staring at him, Steve frowned flicking his shield into place.

"C'mon." Steve said, finally dropping the conversation, we've got a battle to win."