Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen: Doomsday.

Everyone was quiet, all sat scattered around the ground. It had been minutes, probably 30 but it felt as if they've sat for hours.

A small headache generated in Hazel's head, she felt her forehead once again and a chuck of dried blood crumbled in her hands.

"Hey." Peter said snatching her hand away from her face, "Don't pick at it."

Hazel glared it him as she pulled her hand back out of his and into her lap, he rolled his eyes with a smile.

"I wonder what Aunt May is doing." Peter said, staring at the orange sky. "If she's wondered where I am, if I'm ok."

Hazel frowned, "She probably is. I mean, she loves you. Why wouldn't she be worried?"

"She thinks I'm on the field trip, she thinks we're on the trip."

"Try not to think about it." Hazel told him, "At least we are ok and you'll see her as soon as possible."

"I guess."

Hazel chuckled, "You can tell her you helped save the universe."

"As if she'd believe that."

Hazel smiled, Peter matching it as they broke out into laughter. Stark coughed, they were silenced quickly as they paid attention to what everyone else was up too.

"Sorry." Peter said.

Hazel grabbed her head, a sharp pain shot through her mind.

"Hazel?"

Closing her eyes her breathing started to get heavy, more dried blood crumbling off of her forehead.

"The stone." She mumbled, "Someone's destroying it."

"How do you know?" Stark ran over to her.

"Thanos." She said, eyes still closed. "I gotta get out of here."

"Why?"

Hazel started screaming, her feet leaving the ground.

"Hazel!"

"It hurts." She screamed, "Wanda, she's destroying it."

"How do you know!" Stark asked again, trying to get her down.

"I see it." Hazel said as colours exploded behind her eyes and she felt herself catch wind as she flew through the air. She had had enough of air and flying through it for the rest of her life.

•••

Hazel's eyes peeled open, a throbbing pain in her head.

A bad taste was in her mouth, had she been on knocked out? Where was everyone?

Standing up she looked around, everything looked the same.

Hazel walked through the rubble, ground hard beneath her feet. She coughed into her hands, red dust imbedded itself into her lungs. Her head throbbed, she felt and remembered being thrown through the air.

Shaking her wandering thoughts away she smiled when she spotted a large group of people, glad to see that they were ok. Kinda sad that nobody went looking for her.

"Stark!" She yelled running, "Parker!"

They both looked over, Peter waved at her.

The ground rumbled, the planet shook violently. Hazel stumbled over her feet but caught herself, she began running towards the group. Panting she watched all of them, everyone quiet waiting for something to happen.

"Are you ok?" Mantis, one of Hazel's new friends asked.

"Yah." Hazel said, "Where did he go?"

"Left awhile ago." Quill added glumly, "Got the damn stone too."

The ground rumbled again, causing Hazel to tumble over and land on the ground.

"Don't you remember? You were here for all of it?" Stark asked concerned.

"I mean- she did hit her head pretty hard multiple times." Peter stated.

Peter walked over and helped her up, nodding at her he back over and stood behind Stark.

The planet rumbled again. Hazel frowned, panic taking over her.

"He snapped his fingers." She said, "He won."

"Somethings happening!" Mantis yelled, she looked up only to disappear, dissolving in the sudden wind.

Hazel jumped up, yelling she went to grab whatever was left but floated threw her fingers.

"What the hell?" Hazel mumbled turned to see Drax, another new friend dissolve into nothing.

By the time Hazel gave another look around, Quill was gone too. Panicking she reached for anybody, to make sure they were still here.

"It has to be like this." Dr Strange said, staring at Stark. "It was the only way."

His face contorted and just like that he was gone.

"Stark." Hazel was freaking out, tears welled in her grey eyes. "What the hell is happening? Where are they going."

Someone coughed, Hazel whipped around to see Peter, a panicked expression on his face.

"I don't feel so good." He said looking at his hands, pieces of his suit crumbling off. "I don't know what's happening!"

He fell forward onto Mr Stark, the man gripped him and flipped him onto his back on the ground.

"I don't wanna go." Peter's voice broke, pleading "I don't wanna go yet, please, Mr Stark. I don't wanna go."

"Peter!" Hazel screamed falling next to him, "it's gonna be ok. He-y Peter, hey!"

He's eyes met Stark's with an apology leaving his lips, Hazel yelled once again and grabbed the boys hands and gripped them tight.

"Peter- it's gonna be ok. Peter!"

"Hazel-"

His head shook slowly, Hazel barley noticed it as he gave her hand a little squeeze before letting go and looking away. The wind picked up and within a blink he was gone, lost in the wind like he was never there. As if he never existed.

"Peter!" She screamed again, as if it could change anything. "No, no, no."

Hazel lunged for the air, trying to grab enough pieces as if she could put him back together. Stark sat upright on the ground, hands still in the air when Peter left.

"Oh my god." She mumbled, tears leaving her eyes. All of her friends were gone, most of them at least. Who knows what was happening back on earth. "Goddamnit!"

Anger and sadness swirling within Hazel, she could feel herself heat up, hands unnaturally hot. Her fists met the ground, thunder crackled in the sky and rain began pouring as the wind picked up.

"Hey." Stark said after minutes of silence, "Hazel, calm done."

Hands pulled her into a hug, that's when she heard him sobbing. Sniffing she frowned shrugging him off, Hazel pulled herself up off of the ground and wiped the dirt off of her clothes.

"Where are you going?" Stark demanded pulling himself up.

"To find Thanos." She said, "I'm getting back to earth."