9. Study Sesh

"Are you still coming over to my place so we can study?" I asked Abby as we headed out of school.

"Yeah. I have so much crap I need to study for," Abby complained, exasperated.

"If you didn't procrastinate so much, you wouldn't have to study for so long in one sitting," I retorted with a smug smile.
I already studied for most of my test's that were due on Monday, so I was going to tease the hell out of Abby for not studying until now.

"Well, duh. That's what I have you for," Abby said and playfully elbowed me.

"I'm not your tutor, you know?" I retorted and elbowed her back.

Abby grinned slyly at me. "You're not my tutor. You're my study buddy."

"Well, if you're my study buddy, then why do I always end up doing all the work," I accused only half serious. "By myself."

"Because you always bitch about how I'm doing it. So you take it upon yourself to finish it," Abby retorted. "By yourself," she then mimicked, sending me a smirk.

I was going to argue with her, but I knew she was right. I definitely won't deny the fact that I'm a perfectionist; everyone knows it, which is how I usually end up doing all of the work.
A perk to being a perfectionist is that the work gets completed the way I want it, but a downside is that I have to do it all by myself.

I rolled my eyes at her and attempted to hide the amused grin spreading across my lips. "See, I'm right and you know it," Abby said smugly.

"Whatever. Are you taking me home so we can study?" I asked, annoyed.

"I don't know... Maybe if you asked nicely," Abby suggested slyly as she spun her car keys around her finger with a devilish smile on her face.

I heaved an exasperated sigh before forcing an overly, sugary sweet tone to my voice. "Can you please take me home, so we can study?"

She dramatically sighed. "I guess.."

I rolled my eyes again, then started heading to her car, knowing she would follow me.

Apparently, I can see the future as I heard the distinct sound of high heels click-clacking on the pavement the second I stepped away from the curb.

"God. Your such a gentleman. You just leave a beautiful girl standing alone on the sidewalk," Abby remarked as she appeared next to me.

I snorted and replied, "Yeah. Maybe that's why I'm still single."

"I think there's another reason you're still single," Abby said devilishly as she got in her car.

"Like what..?" I asked nervously while I slid into the passenger seat of her car.

"Oh, I think you know what I'm talking about. But in case you don't..." Abby started to say before I cut her off.

"Oh, look, there's a Krispy Kreme. Let's get some donuts," I said in an attempt to change the subject.

Abby's eyes widened as she exclaimed, "Oo, yes! I'm starving, and that'll be the perfect snack while we're studying."

Thankfully, Abby didn't bring the "why I'm still single," conversation back up as her mind was now on mouthwateringly delicious donuts.

I just hoped we could get our donuts and go to my house without bringing that conversation up again. I never wanted to bring that conversation up again. I never wanted to even think about that conversation again, either.

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

"Ugh, how the fuck do you understand this crap?" Abby whined as she stared helplessly down at her algebra book.