10. Pizza party

A/N Hey you guys, I just wanted to say something before you start reading.

(As of, when I started this chapter) this book, the one your reading right now, just hit 1,000 reads! 😲😲😊😊
Aaahhhhhhh! That was me screaming in excitement as I'm so excited that my book has hit 1K reads!

I honestly wouldn't be here without you guys, and I just wanted to say thank you, so, so much!! I'm so glad so many people want to read what I have to say.
It's just so amazing to see so many of you guys reading and commenting on my story as I love interacting with you guys!
And it just makes me feel so amazing to know that I've made you guys a little happier, relieved your boredom, or just gave you a place to escape to when the real world is just too much. Because let's face it, this fucking world is crazy.
It's so confusing and exhausting. 😧

...But again, thank you, guys!!

So after that long, sappy author's note, enjoy your chapter/chapter's (depending on when you're reading this).

I was sitting on the couch watching Lea--attempting to--finish her rainbow puzzle she started this morning. Well...I was technically avoiding Leo as much as possible until dinner (but I was also watching Lea put her puzzle together, ao that's my excuse).
There was no way in hell that I would get caught alone with Leo as I had no idea how I would act--semi-normal around him. I already acted like an awkward dumbass around him, I didn't need any more motivation to embarrass myself.

"Etan! Help me!" Lea whined after a few minutes of fumbling with her puzzle. She pursed her lips in frustration, and she threw the puzzle piece she was holding down on the table.

I couldn't help but smile at her (she just looks so freakin adorable when's she's mad) as I scooted over to where Lea stood next to her almost-finished puzzle. "What do you need help with, Lee?"

She thrust her puzzle piece at me, then crossed her tiny arms over her chest. "Put it togeder."

I took the piece from her, a teasing grin pulling at my lips. "I'm not finishing it for you, but I'll help you."

Lea crawled up into my lap and sent me a 'help me then' look, her little silver eyes full of sass.

I chuckled and started placing the piece she gave me where it was supposed to go. "See? That's where it goes," I said as I pushed the piece into place and sent her a grin.

Lea's eyes widened as she scanned the puzzle, taking in all the colors on the small pieces of cardboard. "Oo! Do anoder!" she squealed, wildly clapping her pudgy little hands together.

I placed another piece where it was supposed to go, though I didn't press it in place. "Do you think this one goes here?" I asked.

Her eyebrows pulled together in concentration, and (after a minute of analysis) she screeched, "Yeah! It goes dere!"

"Gosh, what's with all the noise in here?" Mom remarked as she came into the living room.

"Lea's figuring out her puzzle," I replied proudly.

Mom smiled down at Lea, pride filling her gaze. "Great job, sweetie!"