Part 26

Chapter 27 - Fang Rulong's Martial Spirit

After the time it took for an incense stick to burn, the judge—who was also the Master of Ceremonies for the tournaments—said, "The first round has finished. The ones who advanced to the next round are Qin Nan, Qin Changkong, Fang Rulong..."

The first two disciples were obviously the two geniuses of the Qin Clan, which meant that in the first round of the trials, Fang Rulong was the only one from the Fang Clan to advance to the next round.

However, the result surprisingly caused Fang Rulong and Fang Li to feel relieved; the people of Fang Clan felt relieved too.

As the first round has ended, it indicates that Qin Nan would no longer be able to pick on us Fang Clan while relying on his cultivation base.

Without his cultivation base, what could Qin Nan be considered to be? Only a piece of trash with a first-grade Huang ranked Martial Spirit.

What right does a piece of trash have to go against us Fang Clan?

Even Xiao Qingxue would not side with trash when the final moment came.

"Qin Nan, now that the first round has ended, I would like to see what you can do in the second round. The trial in the second round will be focusing on the grade of the Martial Spirit, instead of fighting capabilities." When he walked onto the stage, Fang Rulong could not help but mock Qin Nan.

Despite that, even at this moment, Fang Rulong did not dare to mock Qin Nan past his limits. He was scared that Qin Nan would say something to further embarrass him in front of everyone.

In such circumstances, Fang Rulong could only hold back his murderous intent, and wait for the best chance to get his revenge on Qin Nan!

Qin Nan stared sideways at him and remained speechless; his expression was as calm as always.

Qin Nan did not say a word, but Qin Changkong walked up to Fang Rulong and said with an unpleasant tone, "Fang Rulong, there's no need to mock us. Do you really think the people of the Qin Clan are useless? Let me have a look at your Martial Spirit today, to see what grade of Martial Spirit you've awoken that has given you such confidence."

In Qin Changkong's view, Fang Rulong was not a worthy opponent.

Before—when Fang Clan was under Elder Bai Heng's protection—Qin Changkong would have been scared of him. However, now that his Qin Clan was being looked after by Xiao Qingxue, there was no longer any need to fawn over the Fang Clan.

This was one only one of the reasons; the second reason was that—according to rumors—Fang Rulong possessed a fifth-grade Huang ranked Martial Spirit. As aforementioned, it was only a rumor which had yet to be confirmed. Even if it was true, Qin Changkong was not afraid at all.

Qin Changkong was extremely confident; with his final trump card, it was not impossible to defeat Fang Rulong.

Qin Changkong's mood had an upsurge. The rest of the Qin Clan were also in high spirits. Every deacon or elder of the Qin Clan was giving disdainful and mocking looks toward the Fang Clan.

In order to join the Mystic Spirit Sect, receiving support from someone was useful, but the grade of Martial Spirit was the most important factor.

What did Fang Rulong have to compete with Qin Changkong?

"Since when does a bunch of jesters dare to oppose me?" On hearing the words of Qin Changkong, Fang Rulong ran out of patience, and looked disdainfully at Qin Changkong, as if he were looking at some trash.