Chapter 11

Ok, I have finally posted up anew new chapter! Woohoo! I dedicated this chapter to whitewolf2011 because her comment got me to get over my writer's block I had (again!) and write this chapter. There are probably a mistakes but usually there are. One day I will try and go bakc and fix all of my mistakes! Don't forget to comment, vote and fan me please! Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zartiyil’s POV

“So Minnie what it is you humans do when you aren’t fighting dragons?” The question has loomed in the back of my mind for some time now. Even before I became trapped among them, it was embedded in my thoughts. Sometimes it dawned at me when I used to practice plying maneuvers with my brother.

“What do you mean, ‘what do we do’?” The male Kurt piped in while handing the bowl of food I had consumed just a while ago to a servant that took it away. I scowled a bit in annoyance that he had answered the question when it was not directed towards him. If I did that back when Hazal, my teacher in proper manners towards others which all the young dragons had to go to, would have lashed my hand with his tail. Which I remember hurt A LOT.

“I was asking Minnie, not you Kurt. Do not interrupt a conversation between two females. Did you parents teach you nothing about manners? I mean really.” I snapped at him with venom. To be honest that just came out way crueler than I intended. I don’t know why, but this male makes a certain flame erupt in the pit of my stomach. And I didn’t like it.

“Oh please Zartiyil. Don’t scold Kurt, it was my fault. I didn’t quite understand the answer and was left with a blank mind. Kurt was kind enough to fill the void of silence that was left by my stupidity.” Minnie quickly squeaked out and used her hands to smooth out her skirt. I felt a strange soft feeling and reached out for hand.

“Minnie, my friend you are not stupid. I merely asked a question that evaded your thoughts at the wrong time. If anything it is my fault. I should have been clearer and made my intentions obvious.” I take a deep breath and let a small smile float to my face. “My intentions were since I can’t return to my home, that I would like to see how you humans live. I only know the way of the mighty dragon’s life. Not a human’s. Although it pains me to ask you that. More than you could ever imagine.”

“Pain you how? How does you learning our way give you pain?” Kurt butted in to ask…again. I am usually quite nice to most but this male was pushing on my patience. He really needs to learn some manner. ‘Okay calm yourself Zarti. This isn’t you. A bratty, self-indulged princess isn’t what you are. Just relax, let your guard down for once until you leave and return home.’ I tell myself in my head to calm me from strangling him like I did that man earlier.

“I think it may be because she was raised by dragons, Kurt.” Both Kurt and I turn to Minnie who decided to speak up without squeaking in her usual tone. “We can only imagine her upbringing was different than yours or my own. We were taught to hate, kill and fear dragons. You can’t think that the dragons wouldn’t tell her to hate, kill, and fear humans? Our kinds have fought for a long time for whatever reason is lost to me. It has been lost to our kind for far too long. I wonder if Zartiyil even know why our kinds are truly fighting.” Minnie finished with a smile and tilt of the head

‘They have no idea why they are even fighting? They do not even remember the reason why they are fighting? How foolish these humans are! Maybe I gave them too much credit. Sure they are able to kill dragons with their accursed wing chains, but to not even know why they fight. That is absurd! I need to learn more about their unusual ways. I’ll see what other usual life choices they have made without the gift of flight and pride.’ I found myself locked in my thought I didn’t even notice Minnie had risen from her seat and started speaking again. Curse my internal monologue!