Chapter 15

Yay! Finally I have updated! I am sorry haven't updated in a while! But I worked hard on this chapter every time I had a spare moment. Also just a little note, the mention of the dragon God in no way is meant to "influence" religion. it's just a story. Not meant to offend anyone. Lastly, I am considering writing two stories that are like sister stories to this one. The stories will all have a different main character, but they will all be in the same dragon world! They will all combine at the end and i'll probably write a final fourth book with all three stories combined! Tell me what you think of that in the comments below! Don't forget to vote and comment! I give you all hugs! Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zartiyil’s POV

The dinner was quite entertaining in the end. After the mishap with Odette the whole night ran smoothly. Except the whole time I was being watched. Partly by the men in metal whose expressions I could not see. Also by Odette, her gaze was full of wonder and admiration. Lastly by the one called Kurt, who stared at me with the same emotion I could not place earlier.

After the dinner I found myself being dragged to the bed chambers of Odette. She wanted me to tell her a bedtime story apparently. I remember when my Mama would tell me and my brother stories when the sky darkened.

“Very well, I will tell you a story. An old one of my people, the dragons.” I calmly told her while I sat down in a chair seated next to her bed. Odette scurried around the room and changed her clothes; I averted my eyes as she did so. I don’t want to be rude. Next thing I know she was snug in her bed as I scooted the chair closer.

“What’s the story about?” Odette excitedly asked as she reached over and grabbed some object that looked like a bear. Bears, my mama had told me, were animals that hunted humans sometimes. Why a child would have one I have no idea.

“The story of when Xal created the world that all dragons live in…” I moved from my chair to the side of her bed.

“Who is Xal?” She meekly asked.

Who is Xal? WHO is Xal?! To put it simply my dear he is the Father of all Dragons. The Life giver! The Dragon Savoir! To put it simply he is everything!” I boasted as my eyes lit up with the burning passion I got when I spoke of Xal.

“Wow…”

“Wow indeed, dear Odette. Now where was I? Oh yes when Xal created my home…The land in the Heavens...”

I tapped my fingers on my chin to make sure I had no forgotten any parts before I began. Also the look of anticipation on her face makes me laugh.

“Well long ago, after Xal had a falling out with his brother and banished him, the world’s balance was disrupted. No longer could the dragons are humans always be near each other. They both had to have their own safe haven from each other.”

“So Xal, in all his glory, flew to the middle of the Great Sea and made a castle for all dragons to come and stay at. The castle was pure jewels and shined more brightly than the sun itself. The only thing more magnificent than the castle was Xal. Oh what a sight it must have been back then for the first dragons. To make a great journey across the sea to a beautiful castle, where Xal sat on his wondrous throne and welcomed you personally. I envy them for that.” I stared off into space and pictured the castle with Xal’s might guarding it. But I found I probably did not do it the justice it deserved.

“There is no such thing as a castle like that! Or at least I don’t think there is…” Odette spoke out while pulling her covers up to her chin. I simply smile and run my finger thru her hair.