Chapter 17

Hey my beloved readers! I am SUPER SORRY! I haven't updated in like 4 months. let's just say i've been busy. I have recently had alarge case of writers block, been taking some tough classes, and recently acted in a play in my high school. But all I can say is this is more or less a filler chapter. But it builds character! Also sorry for some of my spelling mistakes, still getting over my writer's block. Thanks for all the love! I hope you all enjoy it! Also i dedicated to one of my favorite fans! Thanks for the message whitewolf2011! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zartiyil's POV

To say that I was bored would be quite the understatement of the year. 

Today I was completely alone for the first time. It actually shocked me when I realized that for the first time, I have been here for exactly 5 months and this is the first time I have not been around Kurt, Minnie, or Odette.

Kurt was busy today with the son of the Lord. Albert or something I think it was. Kurt's job was to teach Albert reasonable skills to have when he takes over. From what I heard from Kurt, and practically everybody else, teaching Albert was like trying to make a dragon eat ice. It won't happen.

Minnie on the other hand was more and more busy then I had first expected her to be. I had easily forgotten she served the people of this house and could not go about freely like Kurt or Minnie. She had lagged on her chores during my first three months I had been here and was paying for that now. I tried to help her, but let's just say cleaning anything fragile is not for me.

Finally onto where Odette is. She was going to spend the day with me until she was discovered by her tutor who had been away for the past year. Apparently she had not been following up with her studies like she was supposed to. Now she is in strict studying sessions under the watchful eyes of her tutor.

I let out a sighed and switch my position in the chair I was sitting so that my legs dangled off where my arms where supposed to be.

"Xal this is so boooooring!" I yelled out in complaint to nobody in particular. The metal men that stood guard along the hallway had barely noticed. Usually they avoid me at all costs; I guess I can make quite an impression.

Thud!

My highly trained ears picked it up quickly. I turned my head towards the metal men, they didn't even move. Maybe it was something that happened often around here. I might as well ignore and return to my boredom.

Just as I resituated myself in the chair I heard it again.

Thud!

That's it. I'm going to check this out. The source might be worth a look. I listened for the thud again this time carefully listening for the direction it came from.

Thud!

The sound is coming from the grounds on the side it seems. Luckily that's a place I actually know how to get to. I jumped out of my seat swiftly and let my feet carry me to the sound.

The source of the sound was a man. He seemed familiar, but I just couldn't put a name to him just yet. As I approach him he pulls back this strange weapon string. I remember those, humans used those in battles. The man aimed at the target and let loose the one hand that was bent. Some object flew out at an impressive speed and struck the target in the back of the field.

Thud!

Before the man went to retrieve what he just shot he paused mid step. A smile appeared on his slightly hairy face.

"Why Princess, lovely to see you again. How's the human life been treating ya?" He smiled bigger and turned to face me fully.

"You!" It was Jack, the very man who I had tried to choke during my first confusing day living here. I'm guessing from this warm greeting, he gets over things a lot faster than I do.