Silence

There was silence all throughout the house. Even with the whole gang there, it was still silent. Even when mom and dad where here, things where never this silent.

Mom and dad.

We just got back from there funeral. They had died just a few days ago in an auto wreck. How where we gonna get by? Would me and Soda get put in a boys home? Would Darry continue in college? What would happen to us? All of us?

I couldn't take the silence anymore. I couldn't take all of the thoughts going through my head. I broke down. I didn't care to cry in front of the gang right now. Darry and Soda where sitting beside me and they both hugged me. Soda was stroking my hair. "It's gonna be ok Pony. Where gonna be alright." Darry assured me but it wasn't working. "What are we gonna do?" He looked at me and I could tell he was just as lost as I was. "I don't know baby, I don't know. Where gonna figure somethin' out, okay." I shook my head, but I knew it was gonna be awhile before we where actually okay.

It was getting later and all the gang had left so I decided to get ready for bed. Darry stayed up, but Soda went to bed when I did. I turned off the lights and got into bed. A few minutes pass and I hear a nock on my door. "Ponyboy, can I come in?" Darry said. "Yeah." I responded sitting up in the bed.

"How ya doin', kiddo?" Darry asked, but I'm pretty sure he knew the answer. "Ok," I said. "Just worried." Darry gave me a questionable look. "Worried? About what?"

"About what's gonna happen to us?" He knew what I meant then. "Don't worry about that kiddo. Everything's gonna be fine." I believed him. I knew Darry would make things better, but at the same time I doubted him. He left the room probably going to talk with Soda if he hasn't already. I closed me eyes and tried to sleep. I wanted to be in a peaceful sleep with no worries or doubts. I wanted to clear my mind of all the things that have happened. I feel asleep, but not to something peaceful with no worries or doubts. I feel asleep to a nightmare.