Prologue

~Unknown~

"How many Hiveminds do we have?" The Starmind asks. "Including the one we just infected, about thirteen." One of the Hiveminds says. "Good. Very good." The Starmind says laughing maniacally. "This puny galaxy can't survive the might of the Hive Galaxy." A different Hivemind says. "We are but scouts, but it would please the Galactic-Mind if we infected a second galaxy for him." The Starmind says contemplating. "Then why don't we infect it. We have the army. The planets. The biomass." A Hivemind says. "You're indeed correct, let us avenge the Hivemind of the planet called Zaleth." The Starmind says.

~Elsewhere, Unknown~

"So, the Hive chooses to attack Zaleth." The Architect says as she observes the Hive's movements. "What of it?" A robot she made and calls CLYDE asks. "Well, CLYDE, the reason I'm observing the Hive before our attack is so I know what mistakes they made. Mistakes I will not repeat, as the Deity be my witness, I will not fail." The Architect says. "You believe the Hive will?" CLYDE asks. "I do, indeed." The Architect says walking away from her telescope. "Why is that?" CLYDE asks. "Well, CLYDE, that's because these people's greatest strength is their trust in one another. The Hive doesn't understand that. The only way they would is see what the Alliance has done with Salem, Quell, and Dorian since they've joined the alliance." The Architect explains. "Then, let's see how this plays out." CLYDE says.

~Zaleth~

"Hey, mom, going to work for a few days, maybe weeks... months... most likely years." John says as Jasmine rushes out the door before Jessica sees her. "Alright, stay safe. If you're shot at once, let me know. I'll be speaking with Tony, again." Jessica says smiling. John gives her a hug and leaves with Jasmine. "Everyone ready to go to Earth and look for Sheila?" Tony asks. "Let's do it!" Skyler and Ben say eagerly. "How do you know she's on Earth?" Jacob asks. "Well, her escape pod's coordinates were a town called Marysville. Before Zawyer took over it was a small city, but now it's a bunch of ruins. A friend of mine lived there, he told me that there was a rebellion based in Marysville, but I haven't heard from him since Zawyer. Anyways, that's where we're headed." Tony says. "Alright then!" John and Jasmine say excited. "I still think we can recruit a few more people to go after her, but let's go." Jacob says. The crew board their ship and head off to Earth.

~The Deity's temple, unknown~

"The pieces fall into place." The Deity says overlooking his temple. It's bruised and battered, as if a war had happened. While looking at Universe-2140, he notices how the Planetary Alliance is weak from it's current war with the Victorian. "You better win, Hive." The Deity says disgusted by the universe.

"Welcome to the Zaleth system. Home to Reston, Zaleth, and Trite." The Starmind says as it blocks out Zaleth's normal sun and it sends one Hive ship to block communications and begin the outbreak.