Chapter 10: What Happened Here?

~March 31st, 6:10 am, 2089, Reth Spaceport~

The Hive Abomination was like a spider web that stretched from one end of the hall to the other, and it covered the rest of the spaceport hallways. It was a clump of Hive mass. How it was talking is currently unknown. "As you see, I am the abomination." The Hive Abomination said with a lighter voice and without an echo. "You don't say." Jessica said disgusted while she was stepping away from it. Sam stared in horror. "You made me think they were alive." Sam said angered and aiming her gun at the Abomination. "It is my way. It is how they joined." The Abomination said. Sam fired the gun and it cut through the Hive mass. The Abomination's web like structure snapped and it Hive mass flew around the hallway. Sam kept firing until the hallway was "cured" of the Hive Abomination. "Are you okay, Sam?" Jessica asked. "We were both just tormented by seeing our past loved ones. What do you think?!" Sam yelled in response. "Sam, it's okay." Jessica said. "Let's just kill this thing." Sam said walking forward. Jessica quickly followed. The end of that hallway brought them to two paths, one left and one right. "Shall we split up?" Sam asked. Jessica nodded and went left. Sam took the right path.

~March 30th, 6:10 am, 2089, Reth main Street~

Mr. George, Melissa, Ota, Gorf, Martin, Eliza, and Gus prepared for battle against the Hive Smasher Strongholds. "You think we can win, hun?" Mr. George asked. "Well, of course we will. When haven't we?" Melissa asked rhetorically as she put Kyler in the eject pod. "We lost majority of the Quell planets." Mr. George said as he ran towards the Hive Smasher Strongholds. "He's got great team skills." Martin said as Alpha squad flew towards them as well. Melissa shaked her head and followed as well. Mr. George took out his mech's sword and slid past the first Hive Smasher Stronghold and tried cutting its legs, but the armor was too thick. Martin and Alpha squad shot at the one to the left of the one Mr. George is fighting. Melissa ran past the one Mr. George was fighting, punched it, and then tackled the one to the right. "Alright, it's time to kick some parasitic alien ass!" Mr. George said as he swung his sword at the Hive Smasher Stronghold he was fighting. 

~March 31st, 6:10 am, 2089, Reth Spaceport~ 

Jessica's path had no power, and it had very little Hive mass or abandoned weaponry. She kept following it, and then saw a red glow. It reminded her of the Hive and how they're brown and red. She thought it might've been the core of the Hive Abomination. Nicholas appeared to Jessica once more. "Hey, Jessica." Nicholas said. "I know you're a vision." Jessica said ignoring him and still walking. "Stop!" Nicholas yelled teleporting in front of her. Jessica pushed him aside and kept going. "Please, for me." Nicholas pleaded. Jessica kept going. 

Sam's path also had no power. It was pretty much the same as Jessica's except the Hive Abomination had a few of it's webs in the corners. Sam found a silencer and shot any webs she saw. She also saw the red light and walked towards it. The Abomination let her through. There she and Jessica met up and saw the Abomination's red glowing core in the middle of the entrance to the Reth Spaceport. "Let's kill this thing!" Sam yelled as she aimed her gun at it. Jessica ran over and made Sam lower it. "Please, don't kill it in rage." Jessica pleaded.

~March 30th, 6:30 am, 2089, Reth Main Street~

Alpha squad were using their gadgets to bring down their Hive Smasher Stronghold. Their armor has grappling hooks that paralyze the target if they're biological, mini bombs called Gats, and a laser beam that comes from their chests. They started with their grapple hooks. The Smasher Stronghold destroyed them and grabbed Gus. "Have respect for an old man, would you!" Gus yelled as he fired his chest beam at the Smasher Stronghold's head. The armor plating fell off to reveal its face. It looked like a human that had brown and red bumps and no eyes. It screamed and shoved Gus into a flaming house. Gus' armor got damaged and the jetpack and the forcefield aren't working. "Go on without me, mates." Gus said into the Wul comms system. Eliza, Ota, Gorf, and Martin fired their chest lasers at the Smasher Stronghold. It fell to the ground and let out another screamed. It jumped back up and smacked the four, causing them to fly into Reth's wall. Their armor was also broken. 

Melissa swung a punch at the Smasher Stronghold she was fighting. The Smasher Stronghold did the same. Both fists collided with a lot of force. Both of them kept pushing. A few minutes later, the mech's fist broke and the Smasher Stronghold smashed the rest of the mech's right arm. Melissa fell to the ground and fired missiles at the Smasher Stronghold. Some torso armor fell off. The Smasher Stronghold stepped on the torso of the mech, exactly where Melissa was. "Hun, take care of Kyler. For me." Melissa said into the mech's comm system as she pressed the eject button. Melissa didn't have enough time to enter the pod before she was crushed. Mr. George fired missiles at his Smasher Stronghold at the torso causing the armor to fall off, stabbed it, and then ran to Melissa's aid. He tackled the Smasher Stronghold off her. The other two walked over to Mr. George and tore his mech limb from limb. Melissa got up and tackled one to the left side of main street. "I'm coming dad. Goodbye, hun, Kyler... And you, brother." Melissa said in the Planetary Alliance comm channel as she started the jets of her mech. She carried the Smasher Stronghold in her left arm and started the self destruct as she collided with the Planetmind. The Planetmind exploded into two halves, killing it. One half landed on the left side of main street and the other crushed the last two Smasher Strongholds on the right.

Mr. George got out one hour later thanks to the help from Peter, Dakota, and Jerald. "Long time." Dakota said. "Where have you guys been?" Peter asked. "Getting help." Peter answered as he pointed to a ship with 'Stream-Head' on the side.