~Eighteen~

"Yes very sure miss, please come down here as soon as you can" she said and hung up the phone.. bitch.

I got the rest of the day off and started going to Max's kindergarden.

****

I quickly drove to his kindergarden and ran inside, I saw Max sitting there and an other little boy sitting there with an ice pack, there was an man sitting next to Max must be his teacher, he noticed me and stood up and walked over to me.

"Are you Avery?" He asked.  "Yes Max's mother what happened?"

"He punche-" I cut him off "I know what happened I'm asking why cause I know my son wouldn't punch someone for no reason?!"I whispered shouted to him as I felt a tug on my hip.

I looked down to see Max who was on the verge of crying. I picked him up and he cuddled into me. "Well miss, I think you should keep your temper a bit down." Why do teachers think they know it all.  "Excuse me but my you having seen the my bad side yet, but you are on the verge of it." I was walking out having enough and not wanting to shut in front of kids.

"Max has three days off by the way" he shouted as I was walking out.

I turned around and gave him a snide smile and walked away... I'm such a bitch...

I got into the car and Max strapped in. "Max what happened?" I asked him in a gentle tone, he kept quiet looking at the car floor. "Baby you know you can talk to me right?" He nodded. "Let's go out and get some ice cream hm" I asked and he nodded again.

Jezus I'm almost crying seeing him sad. I know my son well enough if he punched someone it was for a good reason.

He got the the ice cream place, we walked in and I got Max and mine favourite his being cookie dough and mines being strawberry. I paid for them and went outside and found a two seater and sat down with Max.

We were having our usual conversation, he knows I haven't forgotten about what happened. I feel useless to be honest with him not telling me. I don't know what it is.

Have I been a bad mom.  Have I been rubbering him.  Not giving him much attention I don't know. I just wished he had a dad who actually cared. I just wished.

If he had a dad maybe he would tell him. I just wanted him to have a happy family but he had to have a dock of a dad and an poorly done mom.

We sat in silence letting me think about all this. Watching him eat his ice cream. Just, just sometimes I wished that I could be a better mother. I do try hard. But I feel like I don't try enough for him. I felt my eyes get watery as I quickly wiped them carefully not wanting to rip out my fake eyelashes.

The one day I wear makeup I'm almost crying.

After we ate our ice creams we went home.

The car ride was us singing to Disney music which we both loved. I have a date with Ryder today and I'm fucking nervous. I don't know why.

We got in I look at the clock on the wall and it was only 2pm I kicked off my shoes leaving them wherever and sat down on the sofa with Max following me.

"So are you going to tell me what happened yet?" I asked looking at him as he froze but relaxes again.

He shook his head side to side saying no.

Gosh how hard is being a parent honestly...

But he will open up to me soon... hopefully.

I sighed "Okay just take your time"

About an hour later I heard soft snores beside me, I look and saw Max gong an teddy that Ryder got him.

I went upstairs to get a shower.

Ryder texted my a while ago to be ready for 6:30pm and it's about 3:00pm now so I have a while.

I stripped and stepped into the hot shower... I like having my shower ready hot I hate having it cold.

I washed my hair and body and shaved everywhere practically.

About an hour later of my singing I stepped out of the shower wiping at the steamy glass mirror above my sink as I opened an window to let steam out.

I dried my hair as I curled it. I started doing my makeup I didn't want to go heavy but kind of did. I mean at least I don't look like a tomato or and orange I'm fine.

I applied my makeup and went to my closet to pick something out.

((Her makeup and outfit^^^))

I picked an open back dress that comes to mid thigh, black heel shoes that ties around the ankle and a black purse with a gold chain to finish off the look.

I looked at the Coles and it was 6:23pm,7minutes before Ryder's here. Why I'm I nervous. I've been on dates. Why I'm I feeling different for this one.

I took a deep breath when the door went. I walked down stairs to see Ryder's mom standing there with Max.

"Oh gosh dear, you look wonderful. My son is lucky to have you" she said hugging me.

"Thank you, honestly if you need me back home I know Max can be a pain at times bu-" I got cut off.

"Dear you go out and have fun, Max can stay with me for the night. And no cuts Ryder said so and you know what he's like when he has his mind to it"

She said as he chuckled.

I gave Max a kiss and a hug before they left.

After about 5minutes a knock came from the front door.

I quickly looked into the mirror that was hanging on the wall checking everything. I sprayed some perfume and I opened the door.

______________________________________________________

Okay that's another chapter done.

I'm sorry for not posting in a while.

I have been busy with personal reasons.

But I will try and update when I can.

Summer holidays start in 3 weeks so I'm excited!!!

Until next time!😘