1

"Avery," his voice sounded making her body go rigid.

She slowly lifted her head from her hands as the sight of him made her chest tighten. His bodyguards surrounded them blocking the view of a few nosy people.

"What do you want," she asked glaring at him.

Sliding into the booth next to her he slid his left arm around her waist.

"You know what I want," he said.

"Stop. What happened between us is over. I've moved on and from the looks of it you have too," she hissed pulling away from him, but his grip tightened.

"No I haven't moved on Avery. I left that night, because I felt guilty for feeling things I shouldn't be feeling for a soon to be married woman. I wanted you, but I couldn't have you," he explained.

Avery shook her head, "You could have had me, but you left. You left without even talking to me. Do you know how I felt when I woke up to an empty bed?"

He didn't say anything.

"Like some two dollar whore! You didn't even know I wanted you more than you wanted me, but you left and I moved on," she added slipping out of his grip.

Getting up from the booth Avery fixed her dress before looking back at him, "I hope all of the cars, clothes, and women were worth it."

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

"Good morning class," Professor Avery's said, her voice echoing through the lecture hall.

She had at least 30 to 50 students in her Creative Writing Course. Although it was an elective, students hurried to get a seat in her class.

"I am Professor Avery Jean as most of you may know I don't do any half stepping. This may be a Creative Writing Course, but it's also a Composition Course. While you might think you're an excellent writer, it's my job to tell you the truth even it hurts. Now for your first essay it will be 5-6 pages about why you are here and present it to the class. To be clear, I want to hear the real reasons why you are here. It helps me understand you as a person well as a writer. I'll give you t-" she stopped as the classroom door opened and he entered.

Her heart dropped seeing him walk to take a seat in the front row. Some of the students began to mumur to one another as he did so. Her eyes never left his as he leaned forward on his arms seemingly ready to listen to ever word that fell from her lips.

Clearing her throat she started off from where she stopped," As I was saying I'll give you time in class to begin right now. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask."

As students began to pull out paper and pencils to start, Avery glared at Chris. He just smiled at her with his hands clasped together.

"Mr. Brown my office now," she said to him.

Walking out of the classroom Chris followed. Walking into her office she leaned against her desk as she waited for him to close her office door.

"What are you doing here Chris," she questioned.

"I'm here to get an education like everyone else Professor Avery," he replied with his hand in his pockets.

"Chris stop playing with me. Why are you here," she hissed.

He sighed as he took a step closer to her, "Avery you know exactly why I'm here."

Running a hand through her hair she groaned, "I told you last night that what happened four years ago doesn't matter. It's over and it never happened."

"That's the problem Avery. It did happen, and I'm not letting the mistake I made four years ago happen again," he assert removing his hand from his pockets and placing them on her waist, pulling her close to him.

Feeling her eyes well up with tears she placed her hands over her face, "I'm married Chris. I can't do this with you."

"If I would have stayed  you wouldn't be married to him you'd be mine. No scratch that you are mine. I don't care how much you try to fight me on it," he whispered in her ear.

"But you did and I'll never forget it," she countered before pushing him away and wiping her face.

Now looking up at him she shook her head, "I don't need any drama in my life Chris. So please stop with whatever motive you came here with. I'm not the same woman I was four years ago."

With that she walked out of the office.