10

Avery paced the hospital lobby as she rubbed her stomach. Heather had finally calmed down, and now here she was trying to get Avery to do the same. Tegan was seated down in one of the chairs as her leg shook violently. Everyone was worried about Timothy, but her brother was in that car as well.

Suddenly Avery stopped pacing and looked at Tegan. She could tell that Tegan was trying her best not to think the worst. She literally was the strongest woman Avery knew besides her mother.

Taking a seat next to her Avery laced their hands together.

"Everything's moving so fast, yet slow," Avery croaked.

"Fast is an understatement," Tegan spoke quietly as she looked into Avery's eyes.

Before another word was said a light skinned woman entered into the lobby with tears running down her face. Tegan suddenly stood unlacing her hands from Avery's.

"Regina," Tegan called out.

The woman turned around rushing over to Tegan pulling her into a hug.

They hugged each other tightly as they both fell to their knees and sobbed loudly

"Tegan what happened? What happened to my baby," Regina sobbed.

Avery's heart dropped realizing that Regina was James' wife.

A woman in a white coat suddenly walks in with a clipboard in hand, "Families for Jean and Frier."

Avery quickly stood up as well as Tegan, Heather, and Regina.

"We're all family of the two," Avery responded.

"I'm Doctor Blane and I apologize for the long wait. Mr. Frier is alert and responding, and with the right medication he'll be just fine. He broke his arm and hit his head against the window which caused him to have a concussion," Doctor Blane said.

"Oh thank God," Regina sighed placing a hand on her forehead.

"What about Timothy Jean," Heather asked.

The doctor hesitated slightly before looking up at the women. That's was the only answer Avery needed.

"No," Avery started as her hands gripped onto Heather.

"I'm so sorry, but he didn't make it through surgery," Doctor Blane replied softly before walking away.

"No, no, no, no... he can't be."

Tegan placed a hand over her mouth in shock as tears fell from her eyes.

"Oh my God," Heather croaked as she pulled a hysterical Avery into her arms.

"Heather he...he was just here. He can't be..." Avery exclaimed as she began to hyperventilate falling on her knees pulling Heather with her.

Tegan grabbed Avery's face making her look into her eyes, "Breathe honey. You're pregnant Avery. I'm going to need you to breathe."