C h a p t e r ➸ 36

MOTIVATION. IT SEEMS TO BE SOMETHING THAT LIKES TO COME AND GO.
Ps. It borderline hurt my heart to write this chapter. So have fun!

~

It was extremely sudden. Kaji found herself shooting straight from the ground, gasping for breath. It took her a moment to catch her breath, for it was rather hard for her to breath, and her ears were ringing making it hard to hear.

The first thing Kaji saw was bright amber eyes staring into her own. Karma's amber eyes. She could of sworn she say them glisten with tears, but she did not have enough time to get a good look for the entire class-E had thrown themselves onto Kaji. She could faintly hear all the words of her relived classmates through her ringing ears. She felt her entire body relax, something she was pretty sure it had never done. For she knew she was safe and welcomed with her friends. She thought back to Scarlet's words, she was incredibly lucky to have them in her life.

When the pile of students shuffled away to give Kaji some space she found herself touching her face, running her fingers through the grass, feeling her clothes. She just wanted to make sure this was all real, and wasn't just some curl dream to mess with her. She then ran her fingers along her exposed stomach. Smooth, completely smooth, there wasn't a single scar along her stomach like before. Kaji felt herself smile. She remembered a time where she didn't care if she died or not, and here she is, thankful to be alive.

However, Kaji's relief soon turned to pure dread. Korosensei. Kaji's fears soon became reality as she saw him so battered and weak.

With help from Karma, Kaji rose to her shaky legs, gazing at Korosensei with soft eyes. She spoke softly; "I'm sorry, Korosensei. I tried to repay you, but it seems," there was a short pause, for Kaji's words caught in her throat. "You saved me one last time." Kaji's words died off, she could feel her chest tightening up.

What hurt Kaji the most was the uncontrollable tears. Having to watch Korosensei disappear into hundreds of beautiful little balls of light, Kaji couldn't make her tears stop. She never thought a person could cry this much; she never thought that she could cry this much. Especially over some yellow octopus that she was supposed to kill.

What made it even worse was seeing Karma ball his eyes out. He played the role of the unbreakable tough guy and here he is crying like a small child. Kaji couldn't stop herself from taking his hand and squeezing it tight, hoping that it would help somehow. However, it seemed to just make the both of them sob even more.