11

Chaeyoung's POV

"Pssssst, Chaeyoung!" the sound of Jung Hoseok's continuous annoying calls bugging my ears so much, the amount of patience I was exerting so I wouldn't scream over the poor guy has been draining all the energy in me - possibly the longest I was able to hold my strings so I won't explode.

It had been two days since the guy started and sometimes I wonder what work he does at the office because I barely see him work. That or the guy was a fucking genius.

Considering I had already Taehyung, Jungkook, and Namjoon constantly burning my ears,  and then there's Yuri - I wanted to ask our Divine Providence what I did wrong for another person like Jung Hoseok- a ray of beautiful sunshine I admit,  but an obvious pain in my neck too- to come into my life and possibly complete the most annoying squad ever to surround my used to be a quiet life.

A long exasperated sigh escaped my almost dry lips, my throat clearing for a moment since I barely talked the whole day. My breath probably still smells like morning breath because I barely even had my breakfast and it was almost lunch.

"Chaeeeyooounggg-aaahhh" he started singing out my name on a tune I barely recognize, my head snapping in his direction, and as much as I wanted to sneer at the guy, his happy-go-lucky demeanor preventing me, the huge smile showing on his face melting all the anger away.

My eyes closed ad I try to calm myself.

Don't get mad, Chaeyoung. It's fine. Breathe in... Breathe out... I started telling myself.

I put a mental note to always make sure to bring an earphone with me so I can listen to music every time I am at the office.

Silence is something I value so much every time I work. Focused, that's how I usually am because I like doing things in one go. Having so much distraction leads me to arrays of mood swings and that's something I'm pretty sure they wouldn't like either.

With great annoyance, I looked at him straight to the face, "What now?" my gaze cold and tone laced with knives sharp enough to kill. 

Or so I thought. Because the man smiled even more, ecstatic that I actually responded.

He straightened his posture and looked at me, his hands clasped together, "Do you still like our Jiminie?" he deadpanned asked, the eager smile on his face made me lose all my shit together.

I almost choked on my saliva, my eyes catching the amused expression showing on my other officemates who heard the man.

"H-huh?" I stuttered then gulped.

Wait, did he actually say still?

"Oooohhhh, so Chaeyoungie likes our Jiminie before huh?" I heard Yuri from the other side of the room and my cheeks flushed red in embarrassment.

"Wait, so you really knew our boss even before?" Hani exclaimed and Yuri snickered.

"You should have realized that when he was having his lunch with the rest of the managers on his first day. And yeah, we all know those are her friends, and Taehyung is her cousin. One and two, yeah?"

I wanted to shake my head at how Yuri sounded.

"Yeah, I realized that too. What, are you childhood sweethearts?" Miss Haru teased and soon enough, every one of them kept on asking questions. My eyes glanced back at Hoseok who was smiling the entire time, his hands now crossed over his chest.

"No, okay. He isn't my childhood sweetheart whatsoever. In case you guys didn't notice, he's not exactly very fond of me. Why are we even talking about him?" I told them, determine to change the subject.