30

Chaeyoung's POV

"Was it that bad?" Taehyung whispered beside me, the two of us standing just in front of the reception of Jimin's secretary while Jimin and his father were having a heated conversation inside his office.

"It was. It was actually scary especially earlier. I can hear our boss screaming," Clara, Jimin's secretary chiming in.

"Are we not gonna be in trouble camping outside his office like this? You know, I don't really wanna be on hyung's bad side at this point. I can't have him sending me overseas or some shit right now," Jungkook sighed, his hands tucked inside his pants pocket, an awkward expression showing on his face.

Trying to suppress my laughter, I avoided looking at him after I saw Clara giving Jungkook another flirty wink. It's no secret that Clara likes Jungkook but the girl is too sophisticated and liberated for Jungkook's liking which results in Jungkook getting uncomfortable with Clara's open innuendos.

"Yo, people! What's with this meeting?" we all turned our heads to our right when we heard Hoseok's chirpy voice.

He was skipping toward us as if something good just happened.

"Ssh," I gestured for him to silence himself but he just mouthed why.

"It's a No! End of discussion,"

We all flinched as the room burst open revealing a very angry-looking Jimin. Everyone including Hoseok moved a little. It wasn't a scenario we wished to be in.

"Jimin!" his Father followed and the room was silent.

"I'm not asking for you to treat her as your mother. All I am asking is to try to accept her as she is," his Father pleaded.

Jimin's face was red. I know he was trying so hard not to explode. My eyes caught the slight shaking of his hands.

"I did that before. And you almost died. I don't want another ill person trying to sneak into our family. Not on my watch,"

I let out a gasp at what he said.

What does he mean that his father almost died?

Jimin's face was stern and without looking at any of us, he dashed out of his office.

"Jimin-ah..." I whispered but I knew he probably didn't hear. My eyes followed his diminishing form.

"Chaeyoung-ssi..."

I was caught off-guard when his father called for my name. My head snapped in his direction and for the first time, I felt really bad for him. He looked so exhausted. Talking with his son must have drained out all of his energy.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" he stated and I couldn't help but give in.

Soon enough, the both of us were seated on the couch opposite each other.

I know I should have looked for Jimin instead but I feel like I needed to hear his father's words too.

"You see, three years ago, Jimin decided that he'd be back here in Korea for you," he started and I coughed a little.

"Huh?"

What does he mean Jimin wanted to go back for me?

Jimin and I never had a contact for the past years of being married. After he went back to the US, we treated each other as strangers. So hearing his father say those words got me a little off-guard.

"He's afraid you'll think that he doesn't care about you," his Father smiled and my heart started beating faster at the words he's revealing about Jimin.

"But he can't because of me." his smile falters a little and I can't help but get curious.

"I was in a relationship back then and was planning to marry. Jimin was okay with it. Until he accidentally found out that I was being conned and that the girl was trying to kill me slowly, all for my wealth," he said sadly, my mouth hanging wide open, the information he just gave me not sinking in.

So that's what Jimin was talking about. He was afraid it would happen again so he was being protective.

"But this time it's different. She's a woman I had cherished even before I met his mom. We parted ways but found ourselves in love with each other again. She's not someone who needs money so I can guarantee she doesn't need my wealth. I was hoping Jimin would listen to you at least but I guess I have put you on his bad side," I bow my head in response. I feel bad for not being able to help him but I can't judge what Jimin was doing.

He was worried for his father.

"I knew Jimin wouldn't simply give in so I changed my plan. Instead, I asked my partner to come here. In fact, she should arrive any minute. Too bad Jimin stormed out before they could meet,"

Just then, the room burst open, my eyes squinted a little as I tried to see who just come in.

The both of us stood up at the sight of the woman before me. She was pretty, and she looked elegant despite wearing simple clothes.

Her aura was different but I don't feel animosity towards her.

The moment she saw me, her eyes shined and I was slightly moved when she rushed forward and engulfed Jimin's father in a hug before turning towards me.

"Is this Chaeyoung? Wow, you are beautiful," she whispered and I heard sincerity lacing over her voice.

She pulled away a little and gave me a smile.

"Ahm, nice to meet you," I mumbled and she gave me a hug.

"So where is your husband? I thought I'd finally get to meet him. By the way, my nephew came with me," she stated and then another figure entered.

The woman released her hug on me and smiled at the man who just entered.

"Yoongi, meet your uncle and Chaeyoung, his son's wife,"

I didn't know why but his name sounded familiar.

His eyes were serious and so was his demeanor. He was wearing an all-black outfit and I suddenly felt nervous.

He was looking at me intently and I felt like something bad was about to happen.

"Nice to finally meet you, Chaeyoung. I'm Yoongi, Min Yoongi, your supposed-to-be-husband four years ago," he stated, and my breath hitched at his revelation.

Min Yoongi, right. It was the name of the son who was supposed to have our property before. But that's when Jimin entered my life.

"What did you just say to my wife?"

We were all startled when Jimin came into view, his face red once again, and behind him was Hoseok oppa who was in a panic.

"Park Jimin," The man named Yoongi faced my husband.

Shit, why do I feel like I'm about to face a lot more drama than I already have?