33

Chaeyoung's POV

"Sweetheart, I'm so sorry about this," Jimin's stepmom uttered as she dabbed my scratches with some cotton and medicine, my body still shaking, not due to fear but both in frustration and fury.

I smiled at the older lady and pulled her for a hug. "Thanks, Auntie. If it wasn't for you, it could have been worse," I stared before glaring at Jungkook who raised his hand in defeat.

"I don't touch girls, okay? They are scarier than guys, to be honest," he whined and I shook my head in amazement.

I looked at the older woman in front of me and smiled once again.

"How about you, are you sure you're fine?" I asked in concern but she just chuckled.

"Hunn, I'm from the Min family. Nobody touches us. Have you seen Yoongi?" she answered while laughing as if her words were more than enough to prove her point.

"Oh, ma'am, you can be the head of security actually," he was putting on a thumbs up and I swatted his fingers.

"Yah! Go out and find Jimin. I don't want him getting in any trouble because of me," I stated, Jungkook's face softened and he moved closer to mess with my hair.

"Are you sure you guys are okay here?" he asked, reluctant to go out after what just happened.

I smiled at him amused.

"Kookie, this is the CEO's office. Nobody would dare to come here aside from the nutheads like you," you teased and he pouted. "Now go find him coz I don't trust Taehyung and Hoseok oppa being with him," I told him. "And pick up Namjoon or Jin. Or even Yoongi outside to make sure," I added, worry now filling in my system.

Jimin had gone berserk after news about what happened reached him.

I was just in the restroom earlier, washing my face when two employees came in. The moment they saw me, one pushed me until I was seated on the floor.

I can still remember how angry they were and it took me by surprise.

*flashback

"Look who we have here,"

Straightening my posture, I turned my attention to my right, water still dripping from my face as I just freshened up. I had to do it since I was sleepy earlier, I'm not even sure why.

I turned around to check if the girl who just spoke was talking about me or someone else but there wasn't a single soul beside me.

"Stupid," one girl muttered, rolling her eyes along the process.

"Excuse me?" I utter in disbelief.

And then her expression changed. At least the other one. The other girl looked like she was those friends at the back from Mean Girls.

"You little slut! You act like some good girl around the office but you go around seducing even our boss!" she said while she moved closer, her finger grazing my shoulder, pinning me backward for every word she uttered.

I lifted my gaze to meet theirs, appalled that someone dared to even touch you.

"What do you think are you doing?" you swatted her hand away and she glared.

"He calls you wife? That's your endearment? That was it, right? Coz it's impossible that our boss will marry you. It's either you did something really dirty or your some desperate shit!" and then she pushed me, losing my balance, and I fell on the ground.

My eyes squinted at her words, anger starting to build up in my system.

I scanned the two and realized that they were the girls who often ate in the cafeteria and always sat near you and the boys. You, however, don't remember even their names, and I sure sure so were the boys.