십사

Heat rushed to Sungjae's ears hearing the name. He felt a flash of irritation, his body was ordering him to run away and find Joy.

But he didn't want to be impolite, plus, he wanted more information, and bad things happen when he does something while he's not in control of himself. So he glued his feet to the ground and swallowed that queasy feeling in his throat.

"Uhm..do you happen to know where and why they're meeting up?"

Trying to keep his voice calm so as not to sound nosy and annoyed, he inquired. He prayed that his acting skills worked.

"Uhh..unnie said he wanted to give her something. I think they were meeting in the..hallway just outside the cafeteria!" Yeri replied, too brightly, like she just solved the world's problem.

"Ah geurae?"

"Eoh..but I bet that's just an excuse for him to see her." She went on, not really noticing how his brows furrowed in every reply she gave.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I heard he liked her when they were filming the drama."

Sungjae's jaw tightened, he was having a hard time keeping a straight face.

The thought of it brought back the feelings he had when he saw articles about him during their drama. He was outraged and disgusted with what he learned about the guy. And now he had the guts to call Joy after everything he did.

Unbelievable!

Sungjae already reached the next height of his emotions with his thoughts.

On the other hand, Yeri was so lost in talking, continuing with her declamation. "I don't know if he still likes her now though since he was associated with that other girl. I guess he liked her on the first few meetings but gave up since unnie neve-"

Sungjae jumped when Yeri suddenly shrieked, Wendy was pinching her ear as she looked at him apologetically.

"I'm sorry Sungjae-ah, the brake on this girl's mouth is broken. I'm going to have it repaired later to prevent any further damages."

He chortled and waved his hands in front of him.

"Aniya, I was the one asking so many questions. Thanks Yeri-ah."

He caught her smiling, swinging her hands to bid him goodbye while being helplessly dragged to the couch.

Wendy replaced her position as she stood by the door. "Would you like to come in? You can wait for Sooyoungie here. I think she'll be back in a few."

"It's okay. I'll just meet up with her once she comes back. Thank you." He let out a forced smile. This was harder than having his legs waxed.

At least he was able to scream the pain that time, this one he needed to keep inside, not wanting to overreact and disappoint Joy.

It felt like he just did a whole concert by himself with the little energy he has left as he dragged his feet back to their waiting room.

Outside the cafeteria..outside the cafeteria..

Shaking his head to drown the thought, he forced himself to think of other things.

The cafeteria..she's outside the cafeteria..

But no matter how hard he tried, those were the only words that was currently accepted by his mind. And even if he shook his head to the point where he felt like his brain was already splattered to the floor, those words were still stuck there.