𝙑𝙄. 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙏𝙍𝙄𝙂𝙂𝙀𝙍

It's been a week since their summer trip happened. After what happened with Taehyung's sudden distraction, everyone seemed to have stayed alert with what Taehyung would do next. After all, that was unlikely of him. Jimin had promised to keep an eye on him since they're usually together this summer.

Jin had thought the bad feeling was nothing but a nuisance, he shouldn't have doubted himself right away, it was always like that for him all his life. He just wanted to spend time with his friends, that's why he shrugged it off.

"So, you're saying, he wasn't looking at all of you when you called him?" The psychiatrist, Dr. Smelardo, asked as he pours coffee on both of the cups he prepared.

"Yeah, which was odd of him, he was never like that before." Remembering what happened sent chills down Jin's spine, it was unforgettable and almost traumatic.

"I know all of you have been friends for so long, but that doesn't mean you know what's everyone's stories." Dr. Smelardo hums and continues, "Perhaps he is going through something he doesn't want for all of you to know."

"I mean, I don't push boundaries, I only ask what should be asked. I don't like forcing their words out, I want them to feel sure with themselves when they tell things. Am I too much of a friend?" Jin asks, the pain of confusion and curiosity evident in his voice.

"You're doing just fine, son." The doctor reassured him. "What you said was enough, they will tell things when they feel like they're sure of telling them. Perhaps your friend isn't comfortable yet to tell them. But what sparks in this matter is why'd he think of doing such thing?"

Jin have wondered many times, he has thought many things, even things he could never imagine Taehyung doing.

"I had a patient who went through the same matter as well. Everything seemed hazy to him, he only focused on one thing, and that is his thoughts. And his thoughts are his demons, as he said. His thoughts make him assume things and out those assumptions, he would then decide what to do next and it always leads to one thing, the end of himself." Dr. Smeraldo takes a sip from his coffee and continues, "I wouldn't really know your friend's condition without seeing him or asking him vital questions but from what you said, he might be experiencing something he needs help with."

Jin nodded and lets out a sigh. What could he do, he wondered.

"I wouldn't want to tell you that you should bring him here, that would only make him uncomfortable."

"Yeah, I know, doc. But I want to help him." He whispers.

"I know you do. You always tell me that. And I'm proud that you're being an amazing friend. Imagine what your mother would think."

The thought of his mother's reassuring, warm smile came in mind and it somehow eased his bothering pain. He smiles this time and called the doctor by his true identity to him.

"Thanks, uncle."

- -

Jin decided to visit Namjoon.

Jin knew of Namjoon's situation, well, everyone did but Namjoon didn't like talking about it. Jin soon arrived at a small building for cheap apartments. That's Namjoon's situation, what he lacked the most was money.

Namjoon had it tough, growing up without a family, needing a job at a young age, not able to finish school and yet he was the smartest in their group of friends.

Jin was there for Namjoon when things were the roughest for him, he is thankful he had someone he could call his brother. But he felt shameful because of the amount of money he owes to Jin. Even though the oldest says that he shouldn't think about it anymore, Namjoon still calculated what he has yet to pay, and it hasn't been decreased since then.

Ringing the doorbell, the door opened right away. "Hi Jin," Namjoon shows his dimpled smile, "What's up?" He let Jin in.

"Just want to hang out," Jin takes a seat on the small couch, "Have you eaten?"

He hasn't, "I have. Have you?"

Jin was unsure if Namjoon was saying the truth, "Yeah, I've eaten."

Namjoon nodded, "Then you have space for dessert." He chuckles and took a circle tray of cake out from his fridge. "I made it."

Jin looked amused, "Oh really now? Namjoon, a baker?"

Namjoon shrugs, chuckling, "I mean, it could happen." He prepares a slice for Jin.

"Oh don't look at me that way." Jin furrows his brows at the other, noticing him waiting for him to taste his creation.

Jin soon gives it a taste, teasing the other by pulling off a thinking face. Namjoon could only chuckle.

"I see, Namjoon... from afar... becoming a good baker man.. and his business is going crazy because of how good his baked goods are." Jin teasingly says.

Namjoon laughs and shakes his head, "But I guess I pass, huh? I pass Chef Jin's standards."

"It's actually really good! It's moist."

After multiple exchange of stories from the past and laughter, Jin finally decided to bring up about what happened last week in their summer trip. He was just finding the right time to say it, he didn't want his sudden visit to be ill.

"What did you think of what happened last time?" Jin cautiously asked, staring down at his now empty plate, excess chocolate icing covering it.

"It was unusual of Taehyung to do that. You do know he responds right away when he gets called? Everyone was just as shocked as you." Namjoon answered, his gaze far from Jin. Jin didn't want to overthink about Namjoon looking spaced out but he couldn't help it.

"Do you know if there's something up? Taehyung doesn't say much." Jin finally says what he wants an answer for.

Namjoon shakes his head no, even he didn't know what was inside that boy's mind when he went up there. "It's scary to think he had that some kind of idea. He's a little troublemaker sometimes, but we didn't expect he'd get to that extent."

Jin could only, yet again, wonder.

What Jin didn't know is Taehyung wasn't the only one with the same thoughts.