𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘁 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝘂𝗻━

"Reality Check"

• ? •

Seven in the morning.

She knew her alarm clock is going to ring anytime soon. With her body clock getting used to the usual seven am ambiance, she wakes up earlier than her own alarm clock.

And so it did.

Groaning, she slowly picked her body up with her tiredness clinging onto her. With half open eyes, she reaches for the ringing alarm that was producing the most annoying sound in the world.

Once she has turned off the alarm, she yawned and finally sat up on the bed, taking in her surroundings.

Expecting to see her usual cream colored door in front of her, she was greeted by a different colored one.

It was a white door. She looked down at the doorknob to see it was a different kind, it was a circular knob. She was sure hers had a lever handle.

Thinking she's just still half asleep, she rubbed her eyes to completely regain her clear vision so that she could take in the surroundings once more.

But it was useless, she was still facing a different door. She finally looked down only to see a blue blanket, covering half of her body. She couldn't help but whisper to herself. Yet again, she was sure her blanket was a different color.

Quickly looking to her left side since the light source was coming from it, she is faced with a window, the sun shining brightly through it.

"My window is on the right..." She tells herself.

The door she was facing earlier suddenly creaks open, her heart started to pound, and slowly a figure lets itself inside whoever's bedroom she was in.

There, now stood a tall boy looking down at her with a smile on his face, two dimples on both of his cheeks. She couldn't utter a word, she just stared at whoever it is in front of her.

Panic then begins to set in, and alarming thoughts came into her head. Was she kidnapped?

"I see you're awake now," The boy in front of her spoke, his voice deep and calm. A complete opposite of how she imagines her voice would be if she spoke, "I've prepared breakfast."

She didn't know what to do, it was impossible for her to have ended up on someone else's house. After her work, she was sure she went home right away and ended up sleeping early.

Maybe this is a dream? She thought to herself. Yeah.. this is surely a dream. This can't be real after all. It's impossible.

"I.. um.. where's the bathroom?" She shyly asks which made the boy laugh.

"How can you not know the bathroom, babe?"

Babe? She ponders that name in her head. Since when did I have a babe?

The boy notices her being deep in thought and just discards his previous sarcastic question, "The bathroom's outside. Come on, so we could eat breakfast too."

She only nodded and followed him. He pointed where the bathroom was and she quickly went there, locking the door behind her and taking a deep breath. She stares at her reflection and started looking around the bathroom. She slowly touched down on the sink and felt how cold it was, "How does that feel real?"

She looks back up at the mirror and stared at herself. Surprised with how she looks, it looked like her face had become more mature looking. "When did I.. start looking like this?"