𝐈𝐕. 𝐼𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑟 𝐶ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑

"At that time, we were so tired
While looking up at those stars in the sky, too far out of reach
You at that time, didn't believe in galaxies
But I saw it, a silver galaxy
It would have hurt, it would have been so tiring
Because I ran towards the endless light"

- Inner Child

[ ]

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Ara woke up from the repetitive sound of knocking of a glass. She looks around with sleepy eyes. She was still in her office, sadly. She surely felt comfortable in her position so she was sad about knowing she's still in her office. She looked at the clock and it was two in the morning.

Cursing under her breath, she stood up to leave her office. She then heard the knock again and averted her attention to the entrance.

It was Mun-hee, waving her hands around. Ara was confused as to why she was out at this hour. She heads towards the door and lets her in.

"We were calling you." Mun-hee showed her recent calls. She had been calling her ten times. She only sighed and gave her an apologetic smile. "Why are you still here anyway? It's two in the morning."

"I fell asleep while I was doing paperwork." Ara says as she heads to the counter to prepare Mun-hee and herself a cup of hot chocolate.

Mun-hee had a thinking face, "That's unlikely of you. Usually you'd be more focused."

Ara thought of it too, "Hmm, yeah, it's pretty odd."

Setting down two cups of hot chocolate on the table and taking a seat, Ara looks at her best friend with her brows raised, "Now tell me why you're here."

"Isn't it obvious?" Mun-hee brings the cup up with a smile on her face.

"Ha-ha, free chocolate, okay I see." Ara shakes her head with a smile.

"But honestly, you weren't answering our calls. You would, we know that. So I figured you're still here even though it's way past your work hours, but then I figured that wouldn't do any harm because you own this place anyway so," She shrugs. Ara nods and sips along to what she said. "Also! As I can see right now, you just woke up!"

"Now I see why," Ara hums, "It's about the dream huh?"

"Well you seem calm about it so I'm guessing it isn't that much?" Mun-hee raised her brows, getting more impatient with what Ara has to tell.

"It's actually crazy out there━"

"Woah there! The way you say it now, it makes you look like you went to another dimension." Mun-hee chuckles but Ara still had a serious look on her face.

"Maybe I did?"

Her friend's jaw dropped just a little and she stares at her in disbelief. "Okay, well, I shouldn't act so surprised, it's just a dream. Anything could happen there."

"It's weird though, it's too lucid for me to take." Ara then continues, "Like, you know that feeling of coldness when you're about to do something against your limit, or if you're going on stage for a performance. You shouldn't feel that way in a dream. But I do, it's as if I'm in a different reality."

"So what you're trying to say is━ you're not completely dreaming, and that you're moving around in a different reality?" Mun-hee breaks down what her best friend said.

Ara could only shrug, still not understanding what she felt being in that world. "Here's the gist of it, remember the dimpled boy I told you about? I always see him, he's always a part of it and along with him, a few other pops up as well. And just earlier he told me why I kept appearing in there."