Chapter 3: Hello again

Caitlin's POV:

"Hey Iris". That was all I heard before my head started pounding my eyesight was getting blurry and I could feel the heavy weight on my chest. I slowly got up and made my way towards the door still feeling the same. I needed to leave. I needed to get fresh air and think what had happen between me and Barry. "I'll give you guys some space" my voice cracked. I felt weak. "Cait". I ignored him and kept walking.

******************************************
I walk around the edge of the park. I stare at the water with a blank expression. My mind is still wrapping around the fact that Barry and Iris will be together. I continue walking, my head down, red eyed, dry tears from when I was crying. I didn't see where I was going and ended up running into someone. "Omg, I'm so sorry" I rush."It's alright". That voice sounded so familiar."Jay?" I looked up and sure enough that was Jay. "Caitlin long time no see." He had changed since high school." Yeah how have you been?" I say a little nervous about the fact I had been crying, worrying he could tell. "Good I just got a job at-Hey, you okay?" I can tell he's worried. "Yeah um I know this is going to sound weird but can you give me you number so we can talk later on?" Again still nervous and trying to avoid his question. He was handsome but he wasn't Barry Allen the I wanted since Ronnie died for the second time. " Making the first move, I like it." I can hear the smile in his voice. He grabs his phone and shows me a screen with his number on it. I quickly get mine out and type it in." You will now be granted a call from me soon." I say smiling. "Perfect, see you around Caity." The nickname makes me giggle a bit. "See you Jay." He smiles then starts walking past me. I then remember the events of today and a pang of hurt, anger, and sadness hits me hard. I sigh. I stuff my hands in my jacket and start walking back to S.T.A.R Labs hoping Barry and Iris had left. I don't want to see them happy together right now, it just hurts to much.