Chapter 12

Lucy POV

I can't believe I bumped into Natsu. I guessing, if he's any indication, that the guys haven't changed at all.

Hmph, that idiot's power level has raised quite a bit, though.

Not nearly as much as mine. I could probably destroy him with my eyes closed, but more than I thought was possible for someone of his caliber.

I closed my eyes, and thought about his face as it neared recognition. I thought about how my heart had started thumping, just like it had back when is had a crush on Natsu...

"Damn it." I muttered.

~*~|*|~*~|*|Time skip!|*|~*~|*|~*~

The day of the grand Girls VS Boys Games.

Wendy POV

I watched as the Master and Porlusica stepped up to the podium and explained the rules. There wouldn't be as many challenges, it was mostly battles.

The entire thing had been set up by Master and Porlusica-San so it wasn't rigged or anything.

"First," shouted Master. "We will introduce our competitors."

Porlusica-San smirked. "We'll start with the girls, ladies first, right?

"Okay I'll start with non-Fairy Tail members first..."

Sting POV

I stared in amazement as Yukino and Minerva stepped out on the field.

Yukino looked... Great! Her pale hair was glowing with a healthy sheen, her cheeks were rosy, and she seemed to be... Smirking?

I heard Rufus take a deep exhale from beside me. I looked at Minerva and my jaw dropped.

Her black hair was in two pigtails. Her usually all black clothes shone with hints of gold and purple. She smiled towards the boys and mouthed, 'You haven't seen nothing yet.'

What did she mean?

Romeo POV

After Kagura had come out, Porlusica announced "Now welcome, Wendy Marvell!"

I beamed in joy, it had been so long since I'd seen her...

What the heck?

Wendy was taller, well so was I, but she'd grown in... Uh, more ways than one. She looked more sophisticated, she looked at us with a expression so condescending, that I couldn't believe it had come from the girl I'd once had a crush on... Then she walked away.

It all went downhill from there.

Gray POV

After a bunch of jaw dropping (Elfman's face when he saw Evergreen was priceless.) I heard. "And now, a warm welcome for Juvia Lockser!"

I exhaled, ready for some familiarity. That didn't happen. Juvia stepped out, and almost laughed aloud at our expressions. Even Master, Porlusica and the crowd were amazed.

She was gorgeous. Her hair floated around her as she laughed at us. Her dress shone in every shade of blue imaginable, it was floaty and summery and brought out the rare cheerful side of Juvia.

Juvia smirked and with a flick of her hand, her dress started glimmering as the ocean did when it was hit by the sun.

Everyone was star stuck. Holy mother bacon. We were screwed.

Gajeel POV

I know, I know.

You'd have thought that after seeing all of this I would have been prepared to see her but... Wow.

My jaw dropped, along with Jet's, Droy's and everyone else's.

She'd said good bye to the dresses. In return there was a tight orange shirt showing how she'd... Developed.

She wore a jeans skirt, and when she twirled I realized we'd missed something when she was facing us.

Her hair went down to her thigh! She saw us staring, giggled, then smirked and flicked us the finger.

How did sweet, innocent little Levy become like this?

In the back of my mind, my conscience replied.

You just called her sweet and innocent. Doesn't that kind of prove the girl's point? Even so, it kinda sucks that that you... y'know

"Yeah," I sighed. "It sucks that I had a crush on Levy."

"What did you say, man?" Asked Natsu absently.

"N-nothing!" I said quickly.

"Oh, okay." He replied.

I could hear my conscience laughing.

Then I heard "and now let's welcome Lucy Heartfilia!"

I looked over the edge and sucked in a breath.

"Damn, Natsu."

Natsu POV

I looked over the edge and almost passed out.

Lucy's hair went down her back and seemed to change shades with every slow step she took.

She wasn't in her usual outfit. She'd worn a dark cloak that sparkled with a purply tinge.

Her slow stride gave us a chance to realize what most of us had missed with the other girls flamboyant entries.

She was... Strong.

Holy shit, she was strong! Her power level was so high that I could feel bile in the back of my throat.

"I-is that Luce?" I whispered hoarsely.

"Damn." Repeated Gajeel.

All too soon, Lucy walked back slowly.

"And now," Laughed Porlusica at the awe-ridden stadium full of spectators. "The female chairman representative.. Mirajane Straus!

What the hell!?

This Mira couldn't be the same sweet Mira who had comforted me when I'd first come to the guild. Who had welcomed Lucy so warmly.

She stepped out and at once everything went silent. Her steps echoed throughout the stadium. I caught Laxus staring. She'd gotten rid if her top ponytail thing. She let it dangle in the corner of her face, covering her left eye.

Besides that, I couldn't see any difference, but some thing stopped me from making any noise.

Then, Mira swept away the bit of her hair revealing her now purply red eye. It literally flashed with electricity, when all of a sudden, stormy rain clouds appeared from nowhere. The rain surrounded everyone. The rain seemed to be the worst where we were. I even saw Laxus have to save a few of our nakama by swallowing lightening. Then a calm, but playful voice sliced through the arena.

"Mira, stop that. There'll be plenty of time for that, later."

The rain disappeared straight away, leaving Mira and the girls, somehow, dry.

We looked for the owner of the voice and found... Erza.

She looked just like she always did. Then I looked at her armour and sweat dropped.

Her armour showed quite a bit of cleavage. It shone pure white, even brighter than her heavens wheel armour. It was kinda like a shirt and skirt, but the folds were embedded with white bits of steel and chain mail. She thrusted out her long, sharp silver and white sword towards us and smirked.

"Bring it on."

..................................................

I know, I know. Long chapter huh? It took me less than an hour, but my fingers hurt from all that typing...😕

Anyways, I might not update to soon 'cause I'll be working in my other story(ies).

Thank's for your support!