Pompeii - 15

PART 2 - SHIFT. THE REVOLUTION

Annabelles POV

When I woke up I was warm. I felt more rested and more at ease than I had in months.

Don't get me wrong, I slept a lot in the castle. Actually I think that is probably most of what I did there, and although I now trusted Jace, I still slept with one eye open. There were just too many people in that castle. Too many people I couldn't trust. 

Right now I was wrapped in a fuzzy blanket, in a bed, in a strange place. I didn't want to open my eyes because when I did, my surroundings and our situation would become all too real. I rolled over, willing myself to go back to sleep. Not wanting to lose the warm feeling, but it was a fool's game I was playing, because my mind was already too awake.

Sighing, I finally peeled open my eyes and lifted myself into a sitting position.

I was in a simple bedroom, with only a bed, and a set of drawers beside me. A large window sat on the wall that looked out into a vast garden. A garden large enough, that at least from this bedroom, I could not tell where it ended.

It was dark outside, so I actually had no idea how long I had been sleeping. It wasn't pitch black, just that sort of dusk or dawn dark. So it could be close to twilight or early in the morning. Unsure of what to do, but knowing I was no longer in the castle, I decided that I would be safe enough here to go search for Jace. I mean, if we had made it to our destination then this was a place where Rose was safe, and she would've been more in danger than I.

I got up off the bed and pushed open the door, finding myself in a long hallway, a lot like the one back at the castle. Finding my way to the staircase was much easier though as this was obviously not as grand as the castle. 

A few minutes of searching later, I was helplessly lost. Although this wasn't the castle it was a big damn house. I paused, trying to think of my next move when I heard a deep voice from behind me. 

"Hello Annabelle, it's good to finally meet you."

I turned around to face the deep voice that had addressed me, and I saw... an older vampire, standing behind me with a kind look on his face. What puzzled me is how old he looked, for a vampire that is. Was he royalty? As he looked almost as old as the king.

"Hello," I replied. Strangely I wasn't nervous around this man, something inside me was telling to trust him, which is... odd. He is a vampire after all.

He smiled at me and he reached out to take my hand. I didn't move.

His smile faltered, "let me take you to Jace, he's with Elizabeth in her office." I stared at his open palm for a few seconds before hesitantly placing my hand in his. Might as well go with my gut feeling, and Jace wouldn't have left me if he didn't think I was safe here.

The man's smile came back as he led me down the hallway. We came to a door I had yet to knock on and opened the door to a large room.

The other side of the room held a desk with Elizabeth sitting on the far side and Jace facing her with his back to us. Elizabeth stopped talking as soon as we entered the room and smiled, her eyes shifting towards our hands still clasped together.

"Ahh Franklin, I see you found Annabelle." Said Elizabeth to the man holding my hand.

Jace spun around as soon as Elizabeth spoke. "Kitten, you're awake! How are you feeling?" He shot out of his chair and a second later I was ripped away from Franklin and was standing in front of Jace who was looking me up and down, as if to make sure I'm alright.

I was slightly confused as he was looking skeptically at Franklin, as he scooped me up and sat back down in the chair, placing me in his lap.

"You should know I would never hurt her, Jace. I would never let anyone hurt her." Said Franklin, smiling down at me. Trying to peer around Jaces tight hold me, I smiled at him hesitantly.

Jace huffed and his hold loosened slightly. I moved to make myself more comfortable and placed my head against his chest.

Elizabeth chuckled and motioned for Franklin to come sit beside her. "Well let's continue. Good evening Annabelle, I hope you slept well."

"I did, thank you." I replied. It was nice to be in a place I wasn't scared to speak up. "I was wondering where Rose is though, is she okay?"

"Yes, the spell was reversed as soon as she stepped in the house. She is resting at the moment, it was a quite an ordeal for her."

I felt myself start to tear up. Poor Rose, she's even younger than I and had been through so much. Damn my emotions.

"She'll be okay though right?" I said my voice shaking slightly.

Elizabeth smiled "yes of course dear, she's strong, there is no need to worry. Flynn is also with her, so she is well taken care of." I calmed down at this. She'll be okay, Flynn will make sure of it.

I had begun to trust him almost as much as Jace. He had come with us, helped us escape and was charging head first into this revolution just as we were. We were on the same team.

Elizabeth, Jace and Franklin had already continued with their conversation, but my mind was elsewhere. I wasn't sure before, but I was ready to fight for my team. I was ready to fight for young kids like Rose who deserved so much better. I was ready to start this revolution.

With a renewed sense of purpose, one that was no longer about surviving, I focused on listening to the schemes that Elizabeth was planning. I no longer just had myself anymore, and if I wanted a future for my team, I needed to put 100% of myself into this.

......

This chapter is the first part of part 2! I hope you guys have enjoyed part 1 and are ready for a summer of revolution!! Woot woot! Let me know what y'all think.

I'm sorry this part took awhile to post but I've been in Mexico City, partying, without a computer, so writing this on a phone was rough.

See. Mexico.

But Please comment and vote!!
Love yall!
K