In Betweenin' - 17.1

Rose POV

"So I was right eh?" Flynn said smirking at me.

I huffed as I sat in the kitchen eating my cereal, Flynn hovering over me. "Shut up Flynn." I said between mouthfuls of cereal, "I am not saying it again."

Flynn laughed. "That is not what I am talking about. I am talking about Jace and Anna, they haven't come out of their room yet and it is almost time for the meeting. I knew after that movie they were going to be late." He looked a little too proud of himself if you'd asked me.

I snarled at him "gross."

He smirked. "One of us is going to have to go get them out of bed."

"Ya, there is no way I am going in there... who knows how much clothing they managed to put back on after last night." I polished off the last of my cereal.

"Okay then, let's go together. I am serious though. The meeting starts in 20 minutes and they actually cannot be late."

I frowned. He was right, not that I would ever let him hear it again. "Ya okay fine," I said while loading my bowl and spoon into the dishwasher.

Flynn held out his hand to me and I flipped my hair at him while stomping off down the hallway. He just chuckled to himself and stuffed his hands in his pockets, following me down the hallway.

He was trying hard to connect with me and I am not sure how I felt about it. Ever since he had comforted me back in the castle, he assumed we had this bond. I felt it too, but this is not the time to explore interspecies relationships. We already have Jace and Annabelle to worry about and they are enough of a headliner for this cause.

Still, he'd been chasing me around, telling me I need to rest, baby me. When we first arrived at Elizabeth's, he insisted on staying in my room the first night. I was too exhausted to fight him. The second night I kicked him out. He could go find his room.

"Rose is fierce, she's a fighter" I heard him telling Franklin after I told him to find somewhere else to sleep. I know they were worried about me. I had been found in a less than lucky situation when Jace saved me, but I wasn't fragile. I still don't know how Annabelle managed to stay so gentle, so polite and so caring. She had been through so much too. I didn't work that way, and they needed to learn that.

I stood outside of Jace and Annabelle's door. Flynn stood behind me.

"Well, are you going to open it?"

I looked up at Flynn, "I thought maybe I'd knock."

He laughed, "We don't have time for that." He moved around me and opened the door, "Get up lovebirds! You have 18 minutes until the meeting."

The two of them slowly opened their eyes, peering up at Flynn, who was now standing peering down at them.

I let go of the breath of I was holding and sniffed the air. "Flynn it is okay they didn't have sex." What? Remember, I am technically a dog.

Annabelle blushed a deep red and Jace openly glared at me. Flynn laughed. I smirked, "get dressed you two. Come on Flynn, let's go to the meeting."

He obediently followed me out of the room, shutting the door behind us. "Wow, did you have to say that?"

I smiled. "Yes."

As we walked down the hallway a thought occurred to me. "Flynn, can Annabelle ever even be naked?"

He stopped in his tracks. "What?"

"I mean, she was still wearing that white dress from when she shifted. The magical one. Is it just always on her?"