11. Falling

'This is weird. I feel awkward,' I only tell Chase. I'm smiling awkwardly as Megan and... Dante? are nose kissing and giggling, obviously talking but not out loud.

'Especially because he hardly speaks any English,' he says. I smile awkwardly and try to make conversion with Megan but she's too busy just staring at Dante.

"You guys wanna go watch a movie or something?" I finally ask to break the deafening silence.

"Let's go," Chase takes my hand and leads us over to the TV with the dvd player. Chase sits on the end of the couch and I cuddle into his shoulder.

Megan picks up a random movie that's horribly written and has  atrocious cinematography. She isn't exactly paying any attention. I mean, Dante is attractive and everything but damn. He has mid length straight dark hair and bright green eyes.

°°°

I stare at Chase, 'I am bored out of my mind. There's nothing to do; let's make a plan.' I flop onto his lap and look up at him, my head resting on his thigh.

'Plan for what, exactly?' he strokes my hair. Looking at him is like eating chocolate.

'To get out of this place. Let's run away and be normal.' I want to kiss him. Hold him close.

'Together? Like, getting jobs, and going out and making friends? Hell yes.' What am I feeling?

'We can just run away, you know. Wouldn't be that hard, I think I know a way out.' Please, just, hug me.

'Aren't we supposed to be moving... like right now?'

"We have better things to do!" I drag Chase behind me by the arm. We get into the elevator and press our floor button.

"Do you really wanna run away?" he says.

"Don't you?" a smirk stretches across my face. The door opens,  Chase takes my hand and we walk to the third door and I open it.

I'm slammed against the door as soon as it shuts, body pulsing. He stares me in the face, crushing my body into his. "I need to run away. I want to be with you."

"Chase, you-"

His breath shakes, "Oh, shut up," and my lips are invaded by his kiss. This isn't for some dirty intention, it feels so... real. His lips are softly on mine, making me question my feelings. Is this more than just fun? Am I falling for him?

I want to tell him. I should probably tell him. He pulls away slowly, letting cold air fill the space between us. He's so warm and everything else is cold as ice. "We should probably get our stuff in a box," he drops my hand at my side.

°°°

"Hello, um, we're being moved into a new apartment on the second floor today," I say to the lady behind the administration desk.

"Okay, I'll get your tags changed and address updated," she looks up from her computer and hands me a new set of tags. "You two only have one move left, just so you know."

"Well, I plan on sticking around, so that's more than enough," I say. I take my set of keys and walk away. I hate when people comment on my life.

Chase and I walk into the elevator again and go to our new floor. "Sticking around? Are you joking?" Chase questions my sanity.

"No, I'm not joking." He stares in confusion. I think he's about to say something but I cut him off, "I mean with you, Chase."

"Oh... Um.." he licks his lip. "I don't want you to leave me, either." I was about to tell him, but never get the chance to before the doors suqeal open. Our new room is the first one next, to a starewell.

I scan my tags and the door slides open automatically. The room is mostly greys and blues, 'L' shaped, and has a large window that doesn't open. Of course. A fluffy bed is in its own little room with two nightstands and a lamp on each and a TV on the wall. In the main room there's a couch and another TV across from it.

"What side of the bed do you want?" Chase yells from the bedroom as I put the shower stuff in the bathroom.

"Surprise me," I say. Tell him how you're feeling. You're falling and you know it.

"Come here," he says. I walk over to  the room and see him on the bed, sitting with his hands in his lap. "Watch a movie?"

"Sure," I lay next to him and I half lay on him. He kisses my forehead and I feel my stomach flutter. I have no clue why I'm sitting here watching Titanic, because I absolutely hate that movie, but just being with Chase makes me happy. I want to kiss him. So bad. I'm tired of waiting for the right moment, I close my eyes and I just reach up and push my lips to his. Chase's lips are always so soft. I rest my hand on his heart, beating fast. I flicker my eyes open and I feel a smile come across his mouth.

"Well, that was... unexpected," he smiles and I kiss him again, more hungrily.

"Chase, I-"

°°°

"Hope you guys aren't naked because I need to borrow Willa!" Megan shouts after opening the door.

"Seriously, how the hell did you get in here?"