19

I was sitting in the art class, Gabe not looking at me. I start to finish the last parts to my drawing. "Sam"the teachers says. I look up. Everyone does as well. "Yes"I say. She points to the door and stands up. "Time for a chat"she smirks and walks to the door.

I get up and follow her outside. Once she closes the door, she smiles. "So, wanna Tell me why everyone is calling you Samantha?"she crosses her arms.

I look down. "Hey, it's ok"she says. "My name use to be Samantha"I start to tell her. "I assumed"she says.

"I'm transgender and I hid it from everyone. It's why we moved"I tell her. She nods. "Ok. And is everyone giving you a hard time?"she asks. I shake my head.

"They all have normal reactions. I would have the same as well"I shrug. She takes a deep breath.

"You can be mad. I would be. I punch the first person to say a rude comment to me"she nods. I just stare at her. "What? I'm also human"she says.

"Ok. Didn't say anything"I say. She smirks. "How did you feel as a girl?"she asks. I look down again.

"Out of place. I would have to change with the girls at P.E and it was just weird. I never could find out why until a bit later. The girls would make fun of me for what I wear. How I did my hair. If my hair was long and my uncle couldn't take me to get a hair cut. I always wore it in a pony tail and they would just make fun of me for no reason"I explain.

"I got a kid"she starts. I stare at her. "If you say I'm to old I'm failing you for every assignment"she threatens. I nod.

"Anyway. I got a kid. And he's, twelve. Yesterday he told me that he wants to dress like girls. And that he likes this boy."she smirks.

"I told him, I can't tell you what to do. I can't tell you want to feel. It's up to your brain, and it's up to your heart. I can't control those things"she pats my back.

"Now, go back inside and don't take any shit from anyone."she smirks and walks inside. "How is she a teacher?"I whisper to myself.

I walk back in and take my seat. And the rest of the day goes by.