Unknown Mutual Feelings

(Snake Eyes's POV)

New recruit: Renney Love.
Skilled with Hand to Hand combat, matches against me. She says she is good with a gun. She has large black wings that make her seem like a dark angel.

She has golden orange long hair, always in a ponytail like Scarlet but Renney's is less nauseous looking. She has emerald glowing green eyes. They seem to dim when they look at me. Why? Maybe the reflection off my suit from the light. Simple and logical explanation. Her skin looks smooth, note: touch it sometime, especially her hand. She has a cute smile. I've seen it, it's nice.

I shook when I first 'talked' to her. I was nervous for some reason. Like something was wrong with me, I didn't like it but who cares. It passed. But when she asked me why with those eyes staring at me and lips slightly parted, a curious yet lazy look in her dazzling features. God she was beautiful. I lost myself and couldn't continue further interaction with her.

I tried my best with her on the training mats. No I wasn't going easy on her, I actually tried harder than I ever have before in fighting a new recruit. It's a little scary to think I have a sudden new even match to my skills. Not even Storm Shadow can stand against me.

"Take a break." Duke tells Renney for me. I can't even look at her. All I hear is the cute hum in response and the footsteps that fade away down the hall towards her room. I sigh silently, my shoulders dropping ever so slightly. I need to man up. Renney is just another lady who works with me on the same side! I shouldn't be scared to talk to her much rather look at her.

"Hey, you ok?" Duke asks me. I nod stiffly, not really caring that I was lying straight to his face. Duke and I aren't that close. I'm not close to many people in general. I didn't want to be close to anyone anyway, everyone's so annoying.

Except Renney.

That suddenly popped into my head and when I looked up, I was standing in front of her door. Crap. How did I get here? If she comes out-

"Snake eyes?" She opened the door. I nod stiffly. How did she know it was me? I stand stock still. I should just say I'm here to ask her to train with me. Or maybe if she wants to go on a da- whoa.

"What's up?" She asks. She looks up at me with big green eyes that glow a very entrancing haze. I feel myself getting lost in them as she stares up at me, her eyes fluttering closed every now and then.

"Snake?" The way she says my name makes me a little dizzy. What is this? No one has ever had this affect on me before. Not even Scarlet. Oh yes, Scarlet and her have to train soon.

"Scarlet is waiting in the mess hall for you." I sign her way, my hands tremble again. She notices and nods slowly

"Ok. Thank you." She closes her door behind her and I realize I'm standing too close. I turn and leave. I feel her gaze follow me until I turn the corner towards my room. I can't stand her.

(Renney's POV)

I sensed someone coming down the hall so I stood right next to my door. Then I tried to read their wave lengths. None. I open the door when I feel them stop in front of my door. I look up to see Snake eyes.

"Snake eyes?" I ask surprised. He nods, seems kinda unnatural. Maybe something is wrong...should I worry?

"What's up?" I ask since he isn't signing anything. He stays frozen there for a moment and I'm scared that he is dead. I mean why is he acting so weird?

"Snake?" That seemed to snap him out of it. He brought up his hands and I noticed how they trembled.

"Scarlet is waiting in the mess hall for you." He signed with shaking hands and fingers. I make a mental note of this and nod.

"Ok. Thank you." I didn't know what else to say other than that. I know if I tried to question him any further like last time then he may run away again. I close the door behind my back, he is standing awfully still and close to me as I close the door to my room. He seems to shake his head, he then turns on his heels and leaves down the hall. I watch him go.

That's a nice butt, I think as he walks away. He turns the corner and I frown to myself. Why am I thinking that way? I legit find not that many people attractive, or rather anyone. I see people who are like universally beautiful and attractive but Snake Eyes, to me he is just attractive to me. How do I explain it?

He is cute and hot and all and I like the way he acts around certain people and me. He has good skills and seems to have a kind heart, which is what I got from when he tried to give me his food. I sigh and tighten my high ponytail. I always have my hair in a ponytail...maybe I should change it and see what Snake Eyes would think of it. This thought brings a smile to my face as I enter the mess hall.

I look around the large cafeteria and spot Scarlet talking with Ripcord and Duke. I walk over and wave at them with a smile, I feel more lighter now for some reason.

"Hey newbie!" Ripcord laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah a newbie who can hold her own against Snake Eyes! You should have seen! It was weird to see it and interesting." Duke stayed and pulled me down next to him. I blush in embarrassment and stare at my feet.

"Really? No new recruit can hold their own with Snake eyes. Have you had training before coming here? Like army experience or had taken classes?" Scarlet asked, leaning over the table towards me.

"Nah. I was never able to do classes and I had to take care of some of my family so I wasn't able to go to the army. I just...I don't know it came naturally." Wow that sounded...that didn't sound right. That last part. I may have seemed fake then. But I was being honest. I just felt what to do, I wasn't focusing or paying attention I was letting my body do all the work and I just kinda rested in the back of my head. And I could tell Scarlet wasn't buying it because soon she roughly grabbed my arm. She pulled me out of the mess hall.

Why does Scarlet hate me so much?!