Chapter Thirty-Six *edited*

Chapter Thirty-Six

GRACIE'S POV

He holds me down against the comforter, his hot breath tickling my skin. I can feel his lips moving across my body, leaving tender kisses and burning tongue. The blood drips down my skin, and his mouth traces it. I have to bite my cheek to stop from crying out. The stinging of saliva on flesh is too much to handle, let alone the flames of the whiskey refusing to leave.

His mouth reaches mine again, and he stands over me, his legs crossed with mine and his heart pounding through his ribcage and into mine. The warmth of his skin is turning my cheeks red, the touch of our skin like a match scraping against the rough edge. I'm burning now.

He slides across from me so we're face-to-face, our foreheads touching. The cold sheets are laying loosely by my feet, and Lucas's olive green eyes are staring into mine, like he's making a promise with his irises that he won't ever break.

"How does it feel knowing that you'll never have to worry about being a virgin again?" he asks.

I blink. It was never really a "worry" for me before, more of a bucket list type of thing. But I have to admit, it is kind of a relief to get rid of it. And to give it to someone I love, which isn't the case for a lot of girls.

"I love you," I answer.

"And I love you too," Lucas says, that familiar twinkle in my eyes.

An intuition sparks in the dungeons of my soul, a little tea light of hope with a flickering flame ignited by happiness. I sigh in contentment.

And then I get a feeling, a feeling I haven't gotten in a long time. I sit up immediately, pressing the bed sheet to my chest with white knuckles, as I experience an extreme case of vertigo, that "backwards memory" emotion that accompanies deja vu.

The room, Lucas's angry voice, is all drowned out by a white light. The image in my eyes fades into a dark street, an alleyway. The picture is lined with that familiar blue crystalline light.

A long-haired blonde girl is staring behind her, wide-eyed, at a looming figure. My heart skips a beat.

Serena.

The dark woman stares down at her.

"My name isn't Winchester," my sister speaks, her voice quivering with fear.

"Oh, of course it is, dear," the woman flaunts.

I recognize that tone, and my soul collapses.

"All of you Winchesters are the same," Galilee continues. 

She says the word "Winchester" with disgust, as if it's poison in her mouth. 

"You're ignorant fools who believe the fate of the world rests in their hands. People who go around sacrificing themselves for hopeless causes, or saving lives because they seemingly 'care'. It's all petty human emotion. But don't worry, my little Nephilim child. We'll get rid of that burden all too quickly."

"They're not a burden," my sister spits. She clutches whatever she's holding in her hands tighter, bringing it to her chest. It's a body. Brown hair, blue eyes: Zach.

"Oh, but they are," Galilee sympathizes. "You just haven't realized it yet. Your sister has."

"Gracie is... she just needs help," Serena pushes air out of her nose. "She needs us 'Winchesters', all of us, to help her. That's what I'm here for."

My eyes pop. I recognize the scent of the place – car exhaust and cherry lip-gloss – and the faint music in the background. She's found me in Vegas.