Chapter Twenty-One *edited*

Chapter Twenty-One

SERENA'S POV

Well Gracie isn't necessarily the life of the party. In fact, she's the one who drains all the life out of the party. Sometimes, I wish she'd stop being so cynical and just start living. Forgive and forget! You know, unless you're dealing with a murderer. Then you probably don't want to forgive them. Well... it all depends. I mean, if they were really close to you and they killed someone you didn't even know or you didn't even like, then I guess over time it would be cool. But, like, if they killed someone who you had a personal connection with, that's low bro. Like... you shouldn't even talk to them. Wait, what was I talking about? God, what the hell am I on?

Oh yeah.

Never mind!

I've spent about an hour frosting cupcakes with Cas. I've lost count of how many dozen batches have come out of the oven.

I made vanilla frosting, and put a bunch of food coloring into it to make it all sorts of colors - some of them are rainbow colored! And I took a giant glob of black frosting, and shoved it into a plastic bag, and cut off the little edge, so I could squeeze out the frosting to make little smiley faces! All in all, I'd say it was some pretty frickin' epic father-daughter-bonding moments.

Cas and I are sitting at the table. We don't dare take the cupcakes out into the living room, because the couches would be covered in rainbow patterns we could never wash out.

I feel like I have frosting on my nose, and I wish Zach were here with me. I've almost forgotten about that whole Dean dream thing. I kind of shudder at the thought of it, but it quickly disappears from my thoughts.

When Cas asks if I want another cupcake, I shake my head.

"No thanks!" I giggle. "First of all, all this sugar is going straight to my thighs. And second of all, we have to save some for Sam and Dean!"

Dad gives me a look. "Puella, I don't even know where they are."

Puella. Cute.

"Well, find them!"

"They have markings on their bones. No Angel can find them."

I roll my eyes, maintaining my honeymooner smile. "Well they have cell phones, don't they?"

"Right."

Castiel pulls out a little first generation smart phone. The screen is coated with flecks of dirt and mud, but he manages to find contacts. He lifts the phone to his ear.

"Cas," Dean's gruff voice answers the phone. "You're back."

"I decided being alone wasn't bery productive," Cas sighs. "Uh... Serena wanted to talk to you."

I try and push the phone away as he shoves it at my face, but I'm eventually defeated.

I sigh and hold it up.

"Hey Dean," I say. I block all memories of the dream and everything out of my head. Luckily, it's just Dean's voice. Dream Dean didn't talk.

"Serena."

"We made cupcakes."

"Okay... did you call me just to brag about your cooking skills?"

"No! We saved some for you and Sammy."

I can hear a silent pause. Dean's sigh echoes over the speaker, and I can tell the brothers are sharing one of their glances.

"You called me to invite us over for cupcakes?"

"Yeah."

"Um... okay."

"Are you gonna come?"

Dean sighs. "I don't know. Sammy!"

I hear Sam's muffled voice. "What?"

"They invited us over for cupcakes."

"Who?"

"Cas and Serena."

"Why?"

"Do I look like I know?"

"Well, I don't know either."

Dean's voice gets louder as he put his mouth back towards the phone.

"Seriously though, why?" he asks.

"Oh, come on! It'll be fun! Please!"

"Alright, you know what, whatever. We'll come over for... cupcakes, I guess. Just don't expect us to wear party hats."

"Don't worry, they're provided for you," I say. The other end is silent after that. "Dean? That was a joke."

Oh, he hung up on me.

I look at Cas, concerned.

"I hope he didn't think I was serious about the hats."

My father shakes his head and laughs.