Discoveries

"It's time you got what you deserve, bot!" Your blasts did nothing to the thick chains. With a sinister grin and an outlawed robotic taser in hand, Bailworth let skin be seared with electricity. You screamed out in pain, spasming helplessly over the bench he had strapped you down on. When he finally pulled away, your sliver-plated skin, now burned away, showed your robotic skeleton. You sucked in a breath. Just one more step to the left, just one more and you'd be free.

"You look pathetic." He started, fiddling with the trigger on the taser. "Where's your brave Astro Boy now? Hopefully in the bottom of a scrap pile." You curled your toes and bit your tongue. Now was not the place to be standing up to him. "And guess what, bot?" He sneered. "You can join him there!"

Just one step...

To the left!

Your blaster fired, a bright purple laser burning itself into the stomach of the monster you called a creator. Bailworth was flung to the back of the room, his back hitting the wall with a sickening crack. As he slumped down to the floor, unconscious, you started to try and wiggle your hands free. Gentle and careful movements allowed you to slip half of your right hand out of the chains. Wish a rush of adrenaline, you started to wiggle out of the other, ignoring the places where your skin had been torn and lifted up by the metal.

"My sister is quite feisty, isn't she?" You froze at the sharp voice that rang from the hallway. Turning your head, your eyes widened at the blonde haired boy who now smiled your way.

"You." You started, shutting your mouth before turning back and hurriedly trying to free your hand. Heavy footsteps from the boy's metal feel echoed towards you, one still seared and black from Toby's blaster. Panic started to flood your body as hands reached out.

And froze.

The blonde boys hand froze in place and was hesitantly pulled back. You looked up at him in shock, questioning his movements.

"I... I'm sorry." He started, looking down at the floor. "I shouldn't have listened to father... He was wrong." You listened to the boy carefully, looking up at him while still gently wriggling your hand free. This could be a distraction, best to keep trying to escape.

"Why come to me then?" You spat, glaring at him. It's kind of hard to trust someone who tried to kill you. He cringed slightly at your tone, grabbing his arm. Your right hand was almost free.

"You're with that Astro Boy, aren't you? You feel things for him. He gives you a happy life, yeah?" You nodded slowly, paying no attention to your right hand that was now free. Your left hand was next. "Well... I want that happy life too. I don't want to be what the news says I am..." With that, he gestured to the television in the next room over, the news having security shots of the fight. The title underneath, Robot-Kidnapper. You nodded.

"Look. If you really want that happy life, you have to help me get back to Toby." You bargained, your left hand and ankles still wrapped in heavy chains. The blonde boy nodded, reaching out instantly to help pull of your left arms chain. Then your right ankle, and then your left. Soon enough, you were free from the restraints. You looked at the boy, closely this time.

His face was rounder than yours or Toby's, and his eyes were wider. The clothes he wore, clothes you recognized to be an old plain blue t-shirt and some cargo pants you used to wear from training, were baggy on his form and, thinking about it, his voice was a lot higher pitched as well. He was shorter than you by a couple inches too. He looked... Younger than you or Toby. Was he really built to be your little brother...?

You were snapped back into reality at the boys worried face and a deep groan of pain from the corner. Bailsworth was waking up, leaning his head bak against the wall and letting hs eyes flutter open. Mild panic flooded your system and you turned to the boy. He looked more like a child than he ever did before and you felt a pit of empathy open in your heart for him.