Sparks Fly: Chapter 4

Taylor POV (2 months after release of album “Taylor Swift”)

My life is crazy.

Ive been neck-deep in little concerts and promo stuff and its insane.

Im so grateful for all my fans!

FANS! I HAVE FANS!

I never thought Id see the day…

But then theres school.

Not so great.

Im not as….liked…there.

In fact its more of a hate relationship.

No matter where I go in that hell hole insults follow like wasps.

My ex’s, my “friends”, just ordinary kids. All of them.

And then theres Hillary.

You know, the typical “popular girl”, straight blond hair, big boobs, wears close to nothing. Shes probably the worst. She turned the entire school (except Abi of course) against me.

Its just a constant stream of torment.

“Ew Taylor, wear a bag over your head, no one wants to see your ugly face.”

“Found your grandmas closet, Taylor?”

“Your songs make me want to shrivel up and die, theyre so bad!”

“You cant sing for your life!”

Ive never been so insecure in my life.

Every day, I run home wih tears streaming down my face, grab my guitar, and settle in a corner and play until my fingers bleed.

Every day.

That is, until today.

I was sitting in my room with Abi, working on my damn math homework, when the phone rung in the kitchen.

No one was home so I figured I had to get it, so I ran downstairs to where it lay on the counter in my kitchen.

“Hi, this is Taylor!” I said as I held the phone up to my ear.

“Taylor wonderful news!” exclaimed the voice of my manager.

Oh no. Its probably another little performance in front of people who don’t care.

“hm?” I asked twirling the phone cord through my fingers.

“Well I just got off the phone with the manager of a band and they want YOU to share their tour with them!”

SDKFJHGKSJDFHGKLSJDHFKG HOLY ********************************

A TOUR?!

MOTHER OF…..

I clung on to the phone for dear life, in fear that if I let go this would all be a dream.

And then I squealed.

I squealed like there was no tomorrow.

“Ill take that as a, ‘Yes Ralf, I would love that, thank you so much’ Am I right?”

“Ha ha ya,” I said breathlessly, “wait what do you mean share? How does that work?”

“Well, so its this band who isn’t quite absolutely famous yet and they need a little help. They are part of Syco records as well and Syco has decided to pair them up with you to promote you as well. So youll be in their tour. They have a song, you have a song, they have a song, you have a song. Get it? You guys are literally sharing.”