Sparks Fly: Chapter 14

Taylor POV

I awoke to the sweet scent of Liam’s wonderful pancakes. Wiping the sleep out of my eyes, I went to fix my hair in the bathroom, as it seemed like I had run into a tornado. I brushed through the tangles and looked into the mirror.

The person who looked back didn’t look like me. It looked like a tired and stressed Taylor. Not like I didn’t love what I was doing, but we had 3 days till opening show and work was…hard. Its worth is though. Im sure of it.

Lucky for me today was our day off, and unlike our last day off, I will not be sleeping the entire time, no matter how tired I am.

I wanna go to the beach.

Is that too much to ask?

I checked myself over, and made my way to the kitchen where I was met with all five of the boys looking as tired as I was.

I stood up a little straighter and flashed a smile, “So whos up for the beach?”

There wasn’t too much of a result in the excitement department.

I looked over the blank stares and decided theyd need a little more from me if I wanted to get them to come with me. I slid onto one of the stools at the counter.

“I’ll buy you all ice cream!” I wiggled my eyebrows and looked them all over again.

At the same time they all responded, “Fine.”

I clapped my hands and ran to my room to start packing, flinging sunscreen, sunglasses, a towel, and my ipod into my bag and got into bikini and my shorts and flowery tank top.

Once ready, I walked back into the living room, put my hand on my hip, and yelled “YOU GUYS READY?”

Tapping my foot on the floor, 5 boys in colorful swim trunks and flip flops stumbled out of their rooms. Fixing their hair in the process.

“Lets do this.” Zayn opened the door and ran to the car. We all piled in and I sat next to an overly excited Louis and Harry who spent the whole ride looking out the window.

Rude.

I turned to Niall and began talking about different ice cream stores around here and we finally settled on one near the secluded Malibu beach we would be going to.

The boys all wondered why I decided the tiny Malibu beach instead of Santa Monica or Venice, but heres the thing.

LA, world famous for their beaches. But in reality the most popular ones suck. Not only are they full of people, but also, the water is disgusting and just unbearable.

Ya, sure, I didn’t grow up here, but I have my ways of knowing. Plus, I learned all about it in Freshman year of highschool.

So after too much traffic (welcome to LA) we arrived at the tiny ice cream shop Niall and I had found on Yelp and we all jumped out. We made our way to the cute little shack that stood dangerously on a cliff. As we opened the door the little bell rung and a tiny, plum shaped woman walked up to the counter with a bright smile.

“How may I help you today, children?” Her accent seemed German and her voice was sweet.

The boys ran up to the counter to look at the different flavors. I laughed and walked up to peer over Liam’s shoulder. The ice cream made a rainbow of colors and it was hard to choose.

Like the lame person I am, I picked chocolate.

Sorry Im not sorry.

I received my one scoop in a waffle cone and licked it.