Sparks Fly: Chapter 12

Taylor POV

So far the only people I’ve told about Jake are Liam and Abi. I just wanna keep it on the down low for now.

It’s been 2 days of rehearsals since we met and so far everything was pulling together quite nicely.

Also, I’ve talked to Jake a lot and he’s pretty amazing; really charming, like…a prince from a fairytale.

I asked him to come over to our house tonight and he agreed.

It was only after I left him that I remembered that I lived with 5 insane boys.

One of which I was using Jake to get away from.

Well shit.

It’s ok. I’m Taylor Swift. I can make this work.

And by making this work, I mean not telling any of the boys, because he should be arriving in 2 minutes and every single one of them is clueless.

I sat around the island in the kitchen with all the boys and we were all reading a Seventeen magazine commenting on Kim Kardashians rise to fame.

“I don’t even get it.” I said, “I mean, like how does it even work, her fame I mean.” I took another M&M out of the bowl we had all been feeding out of and tossed it in my mouth. “Plus she’s like totall-“

“Ding Dong!”

“Who’s that?” asked Zayn, swiveling around in his stool.

“Um…I’ll get it!” I screamed as I raced to the door.

I opened it and was faced by beauty.

A.K.A. Jake.

“Hey gorgeous,” He said, standing on the front porch mat, “can I come in?”

I quickly moved away from the door to invite him in, while continuing to blush because of his opening statement.  “Ya, ya of course!”

“Whos that?” Louis yelled from the kitchen, as Jake and I approached them.

We got to the entrance to the kitchen and I noticed the surprised looks on everyones faces.

Time for explaining.

“This is Jake, he works in lighting for us. Say hello.” I said, motioning to Jake.

“And Jake, these are Louis, Zayn, Liam, Niall, and…Harry, who will be STAYING IN THEIR ROOM ALL NIGHT,” I glared at all of them, “So don’t worry about them.”

All the boys (except for Jake) nodded in agreement, all saying their various “Ok”s and “Fine”s and Harry who said “grehdfghsi” under his breath.

“Now go away.” I glared again at all them, except winking at Liam, who winked back.

They all filed out to their bedrooms and finally I was left alone with Jake.

I turned around to look at him and bumped right into him.

Apparently he had been standing pretty close behind me…

Not that I mind.

“Oof, sorry!” I giggled backing away from him a little, to deflate this already awkward situation.

“Its fine, babe.” He said, moving a piece of my hair out of my face.

Just like Harry had, that day in New York.

STOP IT TAYLOR.

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF.

I blinked back into reality and led him into the living room, “We could watch a movie if you want!” I said, displaying Niall’s massive collection of DVDs.