Sparks Fly: Chapter 15

Taylor POV

I bounced up and down once I saw his familiar figure walking towards our towels on the beach, and I tried to get out of the water that continually tried pulling me back in.

I finally made my way out and dug my feet into the wet sand, running up to meet Jake, who stood tall and smiling while looking over me then smiling bigger, “You look great!” He said and I couldn’t help but smile back.

“So do you!” I fiddled with my hands and he stepped closer to me in one long stride, holding my chin with his thumb and index finger. “You really do, Taylor.” He brought my face close to his and I looked up at his lips that were turned up in a small smile. I blushed a deep pink and looked down at our toes with a grin spread across my face.

“Ahem.” Someone cleared their throat behind me and I turned around to see Harry standing awkwardly with his hands in the pockets of his swimming trunks.

“Hey Jake.” Harry appeared to be talking to Jake but he looked practically everywhere else.

Jake nodded at Harry and grabbed my hand, “Wanna get in?”

I smiled up at him and tried hard to contain the butterflies that had erupted with his touch. “Sure!” I heard a snort come form Harry’s direction so I turned around and glared, “Behave.”

Harry scoffed and took a swig of the water he had brought in his bag.

I trailed behind Jake as he ran into the water seeming undisturbed by the coldness. I still flinched as I re-entered and splashed in to get to where Jake was waist high. “Its freezing!” I giggled as he dunked his head backwards into the water, “Ya, you get used to it.” He wiped the droplets out of his eyes and looked at me. “Water fight?” he asked, raising his eyebrows.

“Nah I jus-“ Water hit me square on my face and I rolled my eyes.

Here we go again.

—-.—-.—-

I made my way to the shore, panting due to the intense water fight I had had with Jake. Once I reached the boys reality hit me and I realized I was still here with these idiots.

I love them.

But still.

They all turned down to their phones when Jake and I walked up, “Guys…hello?” I asked exasperatedly. “GET OFF YOUR PHONES!” They all looked up once I raised my voice and grimaced and looked back down when they saw Jake stumble out of the ocean.

Louis gave Harry a quick glance when Jake came up behind me and put his arm around my shoulders. My insides tingled as his hand squeezed my left shoulder. Harry was still looking at his phone with no expression on his face.

I wonder what that’s about…

Jake POV

I looked around at the five idiots in front of me. I really had no respect for any of them. They were all conceited douchebags. I mean Taylor is trying to be nice and they completely ignore her.

“Hey, Taylors trying to talk to you guys. Have some respect.”  I took my arms off Taylors shoulders and wrapped them around my chest.

Harry laughed, “Don’t tell me what to do.” He finally glanced up and sent daggers my way.

“Ill do whatever I want, douchebag.” I just couldn’t contain myself. I had to, he was being an idiot.

Taylor and the other boys gasped from the side and Harry quickly got to his feet and in moments he was less than a foot away with his hands in fists at his side, trying to look taller than he actually is. “Don’t say that in front of Taylor.” He sneered, practically whispering.

I scoffed. Whats he trying to do? Doesn’t he have a fucking girlfriend already? Hasn’t he noticed Taylor is mine?

“Jackass.” I muttered as he stepped away, without breaking the stare he was giving me.

I glanced over to see Taylor with worry filled eyes. “Harry can I talk to you from a moment?” They began walking away leaving us in complete silence. I watched her go and got the pleasure of seeing her smokin’ hot body from the back.

No regrets.

“Get your filthy eyes off her.” I turned to see Zayn glaring at me and becoming defensive.

“Like you can stop me.” I laughed back and went back to looking at Taylor.

Harry POV

There are no words to describe my anger. First of all he had the NERVE to call me a douchebag in front of Taylor THEN hes practically drooling as hes watching Taylors ass.

No.

Only Im allowed to do that.

Who the fuck does he think he is.

Taylor came to an abrupt stopped and spun on her heals as she spun around to face me.

“What the hell was that.” She asked bluntly.

“What? The part where he called me jackass or when he called me a douchebag.”

“You know what Im talking about. Why were you so rude to him?” She seemed a little bit upset and I instantly felt sympathy for her.

“Cant you see Taylor? Hes and asshole whos trying to get in your pants. You deserve better.” I exhaled after finally telling her what id been thinking for weeks.

Her eyes filled with hurt, “Harry, Jake has been nothing but nice to me all these weeks!” She cried, “Why do you doubt him? I don’t understand why I cant just make my own decisions without someone telling me Im freaking wrong? Hes the sweetest person I know and I like him a lot. If you don’t like what Im saying then I guess we don’t have to talk anymore.” She stomped her foot and began turning the other direction towards the boys.

“No, Taylor wait.” I grabbed onto her elbow and swung her around to face me again. “Im sorry I didn’t mean that. Have fun with Jake…I guess.” I rubbed the back of my head to ease up the uncomfortable situation.

“Thank you.”

And with that she was gone.