Chapter 15 : More.Trouble.Than.I.Thought

My head was laying down on my knees, while my leg was shaking. I kept on hearing whimpers from Skylar right next me and it was getting annoying by the minute. All four of us, me, Harry, Skylar, and Stormie were at the hospital waiting room. Hugh was rushed to surgery because he was beginning to be unresponsive. I was freaking out and I didn’t even bother talking to anyone while driving to the emergency room. I was also freaking out because Mum was here with Dad, and I didn’t want to risk her seeing me with Hugh. She made it clear that I couldn’t have any communication  with him. But who cares now, Hugh is hurt and might be in critical condition. I’m more concerned of my brother then my Mum seeing me.  

“Oh my God, Skylar shut the hell up for five seconds please,” I said, popping my head up and looking at Skylar.

“I’m-I’m sorry Nat-Nat-Natalie. But, I just saw my boyfriend getting shot right in front of me by our mates. Wha-Wha-What the hell is going on? Wh-Wh-Why did they do that?” Skylar cried. My eyes went over to Stormie. She was part of it and I would sure like to know why in the hell did they decide to crash Louis’ party.

Stormie looked back at me and looked back at Skylar, trying to comfort her. I took out a sigh and turned around towards Harry.

“You should go home Harry. You don’t have to be here if you don’t want to,” I said.

“No. I’m staying with you as planned,” Harry said. I gave him a side smile and nodded my head once. I turned back around to see two police officers enter the hospital entrance. I saw them come towards me and I ended up getting tensed up.

“Are you Natalie Carter?” one of the police officers asked, named Uson. I nodded my head. “Can we speak with you privately?” I nodded my head again and got up from the seat.

The officers escorted me to the far corner of the waiting room. I stood in front of me while I kept holding my breath in panic. Before the cops even showed up, everyone started to run out of the flat, leaving Louis, Liam, Zayn, Niall, Eleanor, Perrie, Skylar, Harry, Stormie, and I in the middle of the living room. I told everyone to act like they didn’t see Raven, Duncan, and Jasper holding guns and shooting Hugh. I had to hide Hugh and Stormie’s guns somewhere, and Louis actually decided to help. He kept the guns in his bedroom and promised not to tell.

“Okay Miss.Carter, I’m Officer Uson and this is Officer Lynnski. We have a couple of questions to ask you,” the officer said. I nodded my head. I didn’t even realize I was this damn nervous. “Were those the only people at the party? Once police arrived, there were only eleven people there, including yourself and your brother,” the officer said.

I nodded my head. This wasn’t the only time I lied to the police, but for some reason I’m nervous this time. Probably because my brother gotten shot and I’m trying to save his ass and Stormie’s ass by not telling. And also trying not to piss Duncan off even more.

“Can you tell me about what happened that at the party?” Officer Uson asked. I took out a breath.

“We just had a get together at a mate’s flat. And then, three people came in with masks on their faces, telling us to get on the ground and they were pointing guns at us. I accidently looked up and one the lads grabbed my hair and my brother, Hugh, told him to let me go and...one of the other lads shot Hugh. And they just left after that,” I said. Officer Lynnski was writing something down in a notepad.

Wait. Was  I really sweating right now? I can’t believe I was really this nervous. I cleared my throat.

“Did you take a good look at their faces?” Officer Lynnski asked. I shook my head. He ended up writing something down on his notepad again. The more he wrote, the more nervous I became.