Chapter 4

Behold! My horrid art!

Outside, a tsunami of shadows and darkness swirled around with pitch atop. "Why don't we play a game?"

Shadows surrounded everyone, and attacked. The guardians fought back with all their might, trying to destroy the nightmares and get to Pitch.

"Show yourself!" Bunny shouted.

"And why would I do that?" Pitch's voice echoed. "I do my best fighting while in the shadows,"

A shadow stallion bucked Bunny in the face, and he fell to the hard icy ground.

"We're not scared of you Pitch!" Tooth shouted.

"Oh I know that," Pitch's shadow appeared in front of them. "But one of you is," he pointed to Sandy. "Do you remember Sandy? The last time you were surrounded by shadows?"

"Everybody! Protect Sandy!" North shouted. "Jack! Go for Pitch!"

Jack stood in front of Pitch, neither making a move, waiting for the othe to strike first. A bow appeared in Pitch's hands, and he readied to shoot. "Thank you guardians," he said. "For giving me exactly what I came for."

Jack's eyes widen, and he tried to fly away as Pitch let the arrow go. The arrow flew faster than Jack, and went straight into him.

"JACK!" The gardens screamed.

Jack fell to his knees, as black sand consumed him. Pitch raised his hands, and shadows surrounded him, keeping the guardians out. The sand twisted and turned and morphed around Jack until finally, it stopped.

"Jack," Pitch smile. "Wake up,"

Jack lifted his head and opened his eyes. His white hair was now a dark black, his eyes were a rich purple, and his hoodie was gray.

"Jack?" Tooth called.

Jack stood up, his expression soulless. In fact, everything about him now lacked a soul. He just stood there.

Pitch landed behind him.

"Mate look out!" Bunny cired.

Jack didn't move. Pitch put his hands on Jack's shoulders, and put a hand on his cheek seductively.

"Jack" Tooth tried to fly to him, but Bunny blocked her.

"No! He's done something to him!" Bunny said.

Pitch laughed, and shadows surrounded them once more.

"Jack!" the guardian's cried. They tried to break through, but they couldn't!

When it cleared, Jack and Pitch were gone.