Chapter 3

The night air was crisp as Santa's magical sleigh flew threw the sky. The wind was cold, and everyone but Jack and North was shivering.

"Don't blame me," Jack said. "North was the one that asked for a white Christmas!"

Sandy, Tooth, and Bunny smirked at him.

"Here's the first house!" North said. "You're up Jack!" he handed Jack a present.

Jack jumped off the sleigh, and into the chimney. His cold aura put out the fire, and he stepped into the living room.

There was a living pine tree with a fragile angel ornament on the top. There were cookies and milk laid out for Santa Clause. Jack picked up a snickerdoodle, and took a bite. It tasted pretty good. He put one in his pocket to give to North.

"Rrrrnggg..."

Jack turned to the stairs. Someone was groaning from upstairs. Jack went upstairs to investigate. He searched until he opened a door, to find a child sleeping. The child tossed and turned, groaning. Jack noticed, floating above him, was a bundle of blank dream sand.

"That's not right," Jack said, getting closer.

He remembered what the Bogeyman had said. Pitch Black's voice rang in his ears. "There will always be fear," it said.

"Jack!" Bunny appeared in the child's window. "Hurry up!"

"Right!" Jack said, going downstairs and placing the gift under the tree and leaving.

"What took so long?"North asked.

Jack handed him the cookie. "I just thought I saw something,"

"What?" Tooth asked.

"Black....Black dream sand,"

North pulled the sleigh to a halt.

"What was that mate?!" Bunny asked

"I thought I saw pitch black's nightmare sand," Jack said.

"You thought?" North asked. "Did you, or didn't you?"

"OK! I did!" Jack said. "There was a groaning noise, so I went to see what was up, and I saw nightmare sand giving a child a nightmare!"

"Then that means..." Tooth gasped.

Sandy made an explanation point out of sand that floated above his head.

"Pitch might has returned." Bunny said.

North whipped his reindeer and started throwing presents down chimneys while moving almost faster than sound.

"What are you doing?!" Tooth asked.

"We need to get this done as soon as possible!" North said. "We have to get back to the North Pole as soon as possible and figure this out!"

"Thank goodness you investigated Jack!" Tooth said.

****

The sun rose, bringing a joyful Christmas to children all over the world. But in the North pole, it was anything but joyful. Worry was in the air as the guardians struggled to find out if Pitch had returned or not.

Just then, a freezing chill fell onto the room.

"Jack! Stop that!" Bunny said.

"I'm not doing that," Jack said.

"Guys..." Tooth pointed to the Globe, where a dark figure stood.

"Pitch...." North sneered.

"Why hello, guardians," Pitch's sharp teeth shined as he smirked. "Guess who's back, stronger than ever?" he laghed, and flew out of the building in a shadow.

"Don't let him escape!" North shouted, as the gang ran after him.